Subject: Re: [Sipping] SIP one DNS domain much IP

From: "Anton Tveretin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 01:54:25 +0600

Hi Samman,
IMHO in practice there should be IP addresses instead of domain names
everywhere (Contact:, Via: headers, "c=" line in the SDP), despite examples
of the RFC 3261.
Regards,
Anton.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:43:14 -0400

Anton,

You certainly have a right to your opinion. But that is only one 
implementation approach. The use of domain names has its advantages and 
disadvantages. As Dale pointed out, it is the responsibility of each 
server that creates a URI to use the sort of addressing that will 
achieve its objectives. And it is the responsibility of the client 
sending to such an address to follow the rules and so honor the wishes 
of the recipient.

	Paul