Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol Service Examples' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Session Initiation Protocol Service Examples '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-15.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-15.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document gives examples of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
call flows. Elements in these call flows include SIP User Agents and
Clients, SIP Proxy and Redirect Servers. Scenarios include SIP
Registration and SIP session establishment. Call flow diagrams and
message details are shown.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The SIPPING WG supports the advancement of this specification.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Gonzalo Camarillo
is the document shepherd. Gen-ART review was provided by Brian Carpenter.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:32:29 -0500

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this document over the years - 
it is great to be finally finished!

In case anyone is counting, this draft only took 8 years, 11 months, and 
21 versions to become an RFC (it was first submitted as 
draft-sparks-sip-service-examples-00 back at IETF-46 in DC), and  has 
spanned my entire active participation time in the IETF...

Thanks,
Alan