Subject: [Sipping] BCP 144, RFC 5359 on Session Initiation Protocol Service Examples

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 144        
        RFC 5359

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol Service Examples 
        Author:     A. Johnston, Ed.,
                    R. Sparks, C. Cunningham,
                    S. Donovan, K. Summers
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      170
        Characters: 289446
        See Also:   BCP0144

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5359.txt

This document gives examples of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
services.  This covers most features offered in so-called IP Centrex
offerings from local exchange carriers and PBX (Private Branch
Exchange) features.  Most of the services shown in this document are
implemented in the SIP user agents, although some require the
assistance of a SIP proxy.  Some require some extensions to SIP
including the REFER, SUBSCRIBE, and NOTIFY methods and the Replaces
and Join header fields.  These features are not intended to be an
exhaustive set, but rather show implementations of common features
likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones in a business
environment.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices 
for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP