Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: 'Example calls flows of race conditions in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:45:40 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Example calls flows of race conditions in the Session Initiation 
   Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-06.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-06.txt

Technical Summary

This document gives examples of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
call flows in race condition. Call flows in race condition are
confusing, and this document shows the best practice to handle them.
The elements in these call flows include SIP User Agents and SIP
Proxies. Call flow diagrams and message details are shown.

Working Group Summary

There was strong consensus around this document.

Document Quality

This document clarifies a set of issues that relate to features that are
widely implemented.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Gonzalo Camarillo. The responsible Area
Director is Jon Peterson. Gen-ART review was provided by Ben Campbell.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP