Subject: [Sipping] Revised I-Ds: draft draft-dawes-sipping-debug-event-01 and draft-dawes-sipping-debug-id-01

From: "Dawes, Peter, VF-Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:25:23 +0100

Hello All,
Back in May, I submitted two internet drafts for debugging and
regression testing of SIP. After the drafts were posted, some
contributors posted comments to this list (e.g. several
questions/suggestions in e-mail From: Dale.Worley at comcast.net * Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 18:19:51 -0400) and also the drafts have become a 3GPP
dependency.

I have now incorporated some comments and corrections into a -01
revision of each draft with the following changes:
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawes-sipping-debug-event-01.t
xt 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
- Abstract rewritten to be specific to the debug event package. 
- Added the 'depth' element to the XML schema
- id attribute has been removed from debugconfig element and session
element in the XML schema because debugconfig is uniquely identified by
the address of record (aor) attribute
- All start trigger and stop trigger elements made optional in the XML
schema for debugging configuration.
-id attribute added to session element, since this element can occur
zero or more times and needs to be distinguished if partial update of
debugconfig is done. 
- Corrected cardinality of session element to zero or more. 
- Example XML in NOTIFY bodies corrected to match XML schema. Some XML
element names corrected. 
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawes-sipping-debug-id-01.txt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Expanded the introduction to give a better idea of why the draft is
useful.
- Included an example configuration and an example session flow.
- Added a description of checking and removing the P-Debug-ID header
field to the description of proxy behaviour.
- Added a description of logging signalling that contains a P-Debug-ID
header field to the proxy behaviour.

Attached are a few slides that introduce the requirements behind these
drafts. My hope is that these drafts will be adopted by the sipping
working group and I have requested a slot on the sipping agenda for
Minneapolis to present the requirements and briefly describe the
solution proposed in the drafts.
 
I hope the drafts and the requirements make sense, and I would be very
happy to hear any further opinions on the requirements and/or proposed
solution.
 
Regards,
Peter
 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP