Subject: [Sipping] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-05]

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:17:41 -0500

We have revised the UUI draft based on comments in Dublin.

The major changes are:

1.  Added 7 requirements for the mechanism.
2.  Removed some controversial proxy use cases.

Comments are most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-05
Date: 	Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-05.txt has been successfuly submitted by Alan Johnston and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui
Revision:	 05
Title:		 Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP for ISDN Interworking
Creation_date:	 2008-10-31
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
Several approaches to transporting the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Element (UU IE) data in SIP have been proposed.  As
networks move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this
data can continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability
to interwork the information to/from ISDN for end-to-end
transparency.  This extension will also be used for native SIP
endpoints implementing similar services and interworking with ISDN
services.  This document discusses requirements and approaches and
recommends a new header field User-to-User be standardized.  Example
use cases include an exchange between two User Agents, retargeting by
a proxy, and redirection.  An example application is in an Automatic
Call Distributor (ACD) in a contact center.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP