Subject: [Sipping] New Version draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-07

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:57:29 +0300

Hi there,

I have just submitted a new version of the throttle draft.

This version include the mailing list discussion we have had during the 
last two months.
It specify now other the throttle mechanism other two mechanism: forge 
and average.

These mechanisms are defined as an extension to the SIP events framework
defining the following three "Event" header field parameters that  allow 
a subscriber
to set a Minimum, a Maximum and an Average rate of  event notifications 
generated by the notifier:

   Throttle:  specifies a minimum notification time period between two
      notifications, in seconds.

   Force:  specifies a maximum notification time period between two
      notifications, in seconds.  Whenever the time since the most
      recent notification exceeds the value in the "force" parameter,
      then the current state would be sent in its entirety (just like
      after a subscription refresh).

   Average:  specifies an average cadence at which notifications are
      desired, in seconds.  It works similar to the "force" parameter,
      except that it will reduce the frequency at which notifications
      are sent if several have already been sent recently.

best regards
Sal

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-07
Date: 	Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-07.txt has been successfuly submitted by Salvatore Loreto and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension for Notification Throttling
Creation_date:	 2008-10-22
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
This memo specifies the throttle, forge and average mechanisms for
adjusting the rate of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event
notifications.  These mechanisms can be applied in subscriptions to
all SIP event packages, but in particular the throttle mechanism is
especially designed to be used in combination with a subscription to
a Resource List Server (RLS).

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP