Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-15.txt: clarification

From: "Franz Edler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:13:20 +0200

Hi all,

when looking at the flows in draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-15.txt I
found an inconstancy in "2.17 Automatic Redial" - at least from my view.

My finding:
The explicit termination of the subscription by Alice in the end is
unnecessary because RFC 4235 states in 3.4:
... when a subscriber is interested in the state of a specific dialog or
dialogs (...). In that case, when the dialogs terminate, so too does the
subscription.

Therefore the explicit termination of the subscription is superfluous.
What do you think?

Regards
Franz 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:27:57 -0500

Franz,

The text in RFC 4235 relating to specific dialogs applies when a filter 
or event package parameters are used to specify a particular dialog in 
the SUBSCRIBE.  In this case, that is not true - Alice has no 
information about the dialog that Bob is currently in and hence could 
not specify it in F4.

As a result the explicit termination is needed.

Thanks,
Alan