Subject: [Sipping] RFC 5364 on Extensible Markup Language (XML) Format Extension for Representing Copy Control Attributes in Resource Lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:27:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5364

        Title:      Extensible Markup Language (XML) Format 
                    Extension for Representing Copy Control Attributes 
                    in Resource Lists 
        Author:     M. Garcia-Martin, G. Camarillo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 40497
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-capacity-attribute-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5364.txt

In certain types of multimedia communications, a Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) request is distributed to a group of SIP User Agents
(UAs).  The sender sends a single SIP request to a server which
further distributes the request to the group.  This SIP request
contains a list of Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), which
identify the recipients of the SIP request.  This URI list is
expressed as a resource list XML document.  This specification
defines an XML extension to the XML resource list format that allows
the sender of the request to qualify a recipient with a copy control
level similar to the copy control level of existing email systems.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP