Subject: Re: [Sipping] draft-mdolly-sipping-push-00.txt

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:57:33 -0400

Its unclear to me if this is intended to be of general utility, or if 
this is intended to be specialized for the use of OMA.

I ask this because the event parameter OMA-UAProf seems specific to OMA. 
Also, it seems to be trying to reference an OMA document, but the 
reference doesn't appear in the references section.

Or is the overall mechanism intended to be of general utility but 
section 9.6 on de v-cap intended to be specific to OMA?

	Thanks,
	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:31:49 +0200

Hi Paul,

just to clarify the intention of this draft.

the intent it to have a something of general utility and not something 
specialized for OMA.
I don't think you like the example, but at the end you can see as a 
tentative of have something similar to BOSH but in SIP,
well maybe not so general as BOSH.

The draft needs some cleanup, as it contains a lot of unnecessary 
linkage to OMA that are not necessary as the mechanism intend to be general,
but the first request of something came from OMA.
So instead of OMA-UAProf , it should be UAProf.

I'll include all the missing references in the next version.

thanks
Sal

Paul Kyzivat wrote:
> I ask this because the event parameter OMA-UAProf seems specific to 
> OMA. Also, it seems to be trying to reference an OMA document, but the