Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Session-Specific Session Policies.' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Session-Specific 
   Session Policies. '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package-08.txt

Technical Summary

This specification defines a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event
package for session-specific policies.  This event package enables user
agents to subscribe to session policies for a SIP session and to receive
notifications if these policies change.     

Working Group Summary

The SIPPING WG supports the development and advancement of this document.

Document Quality

This document defines a new SIP event package following the procedure
defined in RFC 3265.  The document was thoroughly reviewed within the
SIPPING WG. Roni Even provided a detailed review during and post WGLC. 

Personnel

Mary Barnes is the WG chair shepherd. Jon Peterson is the responsible
Area director. Gen-ART review was provided by Suresh Krishnan.