Subject: [Sipping] RFC 5850 on A Call Control and Multi-Party Usage Framework for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:45:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5850

        Title:      A Call Control and Multi-Party 
                    Usage Framework for the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     R. Mahy, R. Sparks,
                    J. Rosenberg, D. Petrie,
                    A. Johnston, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 104361
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5850.txt

This document defines a framework and the requirements for call
control and multi-party usage of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP).  To enable discussion of multi-party features and
applications, we define an abstract call model for describing the
media relationships required by many of these.  The model and actions
described here are specifically chosen to be independent of the SIP
signaling and/or mixing approach chosen to actually set up the media
relationships.  In addition to its dialog manipulation aspect, this
framework includes requirements for communicating related information
and events such as conference and session state and session history.
This framework also describes other goals that embody the spirit of
SIP applications as used on the Internet such as the definition of
primitives (not services), invoker and participant oriented
primitives, signaling and mixing model independence, and others.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC