Subject: [Sipping] Regarding optimization of dialog lookup

From: Dinesh Kori <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:11:57 +0530

Hi,

Is there any DRAFT/RFC, which describes ways of optimizing SIP request
processing? If so then please let me know.

 I think dialog lookup  can be optimized by following. 

1)      Typically UA will store dialog in array,  and if we somehow
include index of this array in message itself then it will be easy for
search. I could think of  prefixing  this index to tag field. So if UA
generate request then 'from' tag is index-xxxx-xxxx and when response
comes back, it takes out index and look in array to find out dialog.
This still requires detailed comparison.

2)      Call-id, to and from tag are 4 bytes aligned. So we could do 4
bytes comparison instead of single byte.

3)      Include CRC32 of call-id, to and from tag in message and then
receiving entity can compare only CRC-32. This requires additional
support for additional header. 

I am sure people around have lot more better idea to optimize other
processing as well.

Regards

Dinesh Kori