Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol Event Package for Voice Quality Reporting' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:05:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol Event Package for Voice Quality Reporting'
  <draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary/

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a SIP event package that enables the collection
and reporting of metrics that measure the quality for RTP-based Voice
over IP (VoIP) sessions.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The WG analyzed several approaches to implement quality reporting in SIP
(e.g., forking RTCP, new header fields, and new body types). Finally,
the WG decided to use a SIP event package for that purpose.

The document was significantly revised during IESG evaluation and went
through an additional IETF LC.
 
Protocol Quality

This document has received significant review and revision based on the
feedback from many IESG members. 

Personnel

The previous responsible ADs were Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.
The responsible AD is Robert Sparks.
The document shepherd is Gonzalo Camarillo.