Subject: [siprec] #7: SDP when streams from two speakers transmitted separately

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:32:52 -0000

#7: SDP when streams from two speakers transmitted separately
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  andrew.hutton@…                     
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new                                 
 Priority:  major                               |   Milestone:  milestone1                          
Component:  Architecture                        |     Version:                                      
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |    Keywords:                                      
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 From IETF#77 minutes:
 "Concerning slide 5, media mixing bullet, it was questioned what is the
 problem with SDP if streams from the two speakers are to be transmitted
 separately. Discussion pointed out that multiple m-lines could be used,
 although consideration would need to be given to the interaction between
 multiple m-lines for the different speakers and multiple m-lines for
 multiple media."
 Clarification should be sought (unless this is considered to be a protocol
 topic rather than an architecture topic).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/7>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:53:39 -0000

Comment(by leonp@…):

 It is related to issue #3 as well, where each m-line represent the actual
 mixed/summed media stream. I beleive that it is alse related to slide #2
 of SDP media capabilities negotiation that was presented on IETF 77 mmusic
 session: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/slides/mmusic-3.pdf
 "Semantics of more than one m-line with same media type"

 It is more the protocol issue how exactly to define it. The functional
 requirements I beleive are clear.

 Leon

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:33:14 +0200

I raised this as an issue against the architecture document, because it arose during discussion on the architecture document. However, as I said for #3, I think SDP details should be in the protocol document. The point at which mixing is done should be covered by the architecture document.

John 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of siprec issue tracker
> Sent: 29 April 2010 12:54
> To: Hutton, Andrew; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [siprec] #7: SDP when streams from two speakers 
> transmitted separately
> 
>  Reporter:  john.elwell@...                       |       
> Owner:  andrew.hutton@...                     
>      Type:  defect                              |      
> Status:  new                                 
>  Priority:  major                               |   
> Milestone:  milestone1                          
> Comment(by leonp@...):
> Ticket URL: 
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
> _______________________________________________
> siprec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec
>