Subject: Re: [siprec] #3: Mixed or separate media streams

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 15:56:09 -0000

#3: Mixed or separate media streams
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  major                               |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  Requirements                        |     Version:                  
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Comment(by john.elwell@…):

 This issue is with the requirements document, so let's leave solution
 (m-lines etc.) out of this.

 Discussions have touched on 3 situations:
 - multiple instances of the same media (e.g., trader turret);
 - multiple parties at a conference bridge (multiple received streams);
 - transmit and receive streams for the same medium.

 I think the first can be treated as separate communication sessions.
 I think the second is a particular issue for conference bridges, which I
 would like to defer for now.
 So I am concentrating on the third (transmit and receive streams) for now.

 From off-line discussions I have had, I sense a strong requirement to
 transport unmixed streams to the recorder, so that the recorder has the
 possibility of recording the streams unmixed and hence the possibility of
 playing back the streams separately.
 I also heard that there may be a requirement to transport a mixed stream
 to the recorder, to save bandwidth, and possibly computational resources
 at the client. I have also heard that a solution for mixed streams might
 be simpler to specify than a solution for unmixed streams.

 It seems we are not in a position at present to eliminate one of these or
 defer one of these to a later phase.

 John (as individual)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/3#comment:2>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 06:00:44 -0000

#3: Mixed or separate media streams
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |        Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  defect                              |       Status:  closed          
 Priority:  major                               |    Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  Requirements                        |      Version:                  
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |   Resolution:  fixed           
 Keywords:                                      |  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by krehor@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 REQ-012 covers the case of mixed audio, REQ-013 covers multiple media
 streams via multiple recording sessions, and REQ-014 covers the case of
 separate media streams.

 Ken

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/3#comment:3>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>