Subject: Re: [siprec] #7: SDP when streams from two speakers transmitted separately

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:33:17 -0000

#7: SDP when streams from two speakers transmitted separately
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  andrew.hutton@…                     
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new                                 
 Priority:  major                               |   Milestone:  milestone1                          
Component:  Architecture                        |     Version:                                      
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |    Keywords:                                      
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Comment(by andrew.hutton@…):

 I believe that this is a protocol issue the requirements are such that the
 SDP used to establish the recording session will need to contain multiple
 m-lines of the same media type (media for tx and rx is not mixed by the
 recording client).

 The architecture seems clear (i.e. use SIP/SDP to create the recording
 session).

 The problem is how this is realized with SDP given the semantics of this
 type of SDP offer/answer are not clearly specified.

 Unless anyone objects I will close this issue as it is raised against the
 architecture draft.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/7#comment:2>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:27:50 -0000

#7: SDP when streams from two speakers transmitted separately
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |        Owner:  andrew.hutton@…                     
     Type:  defect                              |       Status:  closed                              
 Priority:  major                               |    Milestone:  milestone1                          
Component:  Architecture                        |      Version:                                      
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |   Resolution:  invalid                             
 Keywords:                                      |  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by john.elwell@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid

Comment:

 I raised this as chair, since it arose during discussion of the
 architecture draft during IETF#77. I agree it relates to solution, for
 which we don't yet have a draft. Therefore I am closing it.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/7#comment:3>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>