Subject: [siprec] #13: Terminolgy - Recording Session (RS) and Recording Server (RS)

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 16:43:53 -0000

#13: Terminolgy - Recording Session (RS) and Recording Server (RS)
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  minor                               |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  Requirements                        |     Version:                  
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 We presently have the following terms:
 - Communication Session
 - Recording Session
 - Recording Client
 - Recording Server

 Unfortunately the 2nd and 4th terms both collapse to the acronym "RS".
 Since some form of short-hand is obviously useful, particular during email
 discussions if not in the draft/RFCs themselves, I would propose to make
 changes. I would propose the following:
 - Communication Session (CS)
 - Recording Session (RS)
 - Session Recording Client (SRC)
 - Session Recording Server (SRS)

 My slight concern is that "SRC" might be confused with RTP's SRC if that
 becomes relevant to discussions. Other ideas?

 John (as individual)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/13>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>