Subject: [siprec] B2BUA invocation in draft-hutton-siprec-session-recording-arch

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 13:54:41 +0300

Hi,

Sections 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 of the draft below describe two ways of
invoking a recording server.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hutton-siprec-session-recording-arch/

Those sections list how to invoke the server in both scenarios as open
issues. Note that the same two scenarios (but in the context of invoking
a transcoder) are described in Sections 3.1 and 3.2 of RFC 5369:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5369/

The WG should have a look at that RFC and at the RFCs describing both
scenarios (RFC 4117 and RFC 5370) and decide whether or not the
mechanisms described there are applicable to the scenarios this WG is
focusing on.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4117/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5370/

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 07:10:42 -0400

Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for the references. I had not bumped into these RFCs. Just goes
to show no matter how many RFCs you read you're never done ;-)

I think that the work on transcoding has direct relevance and the 3PCC
model I had in mind is essentially what is described in 3.2/3.3 in
RFC4117.

Recording could be thought of as a 'null' transcoder which makes a
copy of the media - if we adopt that approach we may be able to build
directly on all this work.

Peter Musgrave

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> siprec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec
>