Subject: Re: [siprec] #4: Media coding negotiation

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 06:37:32 -0000

#4: Media coding negotiation
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  enhancement                         |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  major                               |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  Requirements                        |     Version:                  
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document               |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Comment(by john.elwell@…):

 I suggest we add a requirement:
 "The mechanism MUST provide a means for the SRC and SRS to agree on media
 to be recorded and on formats and bandwidths for transporting those media
 to the SRS."

 This does not address Leon's additional point about other entities
 providing transcoding, which, if this is to be pursued, should have a
 separate issue raised.

 John (as individual)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/4#comment:2>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>