Subject: [siprec] #16: To support real-time media adjusting

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 08:39:32 -0000

#16: To support real-time media adjusting
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zhouzp@…            |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                  
Component:  Requirements        |     Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:  transcode       
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 As for the media communication, one important requirement is to support
 multiple media types and transport rates.
 Hence suggest to add a new use case:
 "
 Use Case xx: Recording with Real-time Media Adjusting
 Recording applications require the recording server to issue appropriate
 media steams to be adapted to the client's media capability and the
 network bandwidth.
 During the realtime media communication, either the media's tranport rate
 or the media types or the video framesize may be adjusted.
 To support the media adjustion, a transcoder entity is recommended.
 "
 If this use case is acceptable, a new REQ is suggested that:
 "REQ-xxx The mechanism MUST support real-time media adjusting."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/16>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 05:49:43 -0000

#16: To support real-time media adjusting
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zhouzp@…            |        Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed          
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                  
Component:  Requirements        |      Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  wontfix         
 Keywords:  transcode           |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by krehor@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 While we agree this can be an important use case, media transcoding is out
 of scope for this working group's charter.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/16#comment:1>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>