Subject: [siprec] #30: Clarification or removal of REQ-017 and REQ-018 on correlation

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:15:55 -0000

#30: Clarification or removal of REQ-017 and REQ-018 on correlation
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  major                               |   Milestone:                  
Component:  Requirements                        |     Version:                  
 Severity:  Active WG Document                  |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 REQ-017 "The mechanism MUST support the ability to correlate the
    request to record a call with the session being recorded." and
 REQ-018 "The mechanism MUST support the ability to correlate the
    request to record specific media sessions with the SIP session and
    media to be recorded (Recorded Session)."
 I think we have some confusing terminology here. In REQ-017 we have "call"
 and "session being recorded" - what is the difference? In REQ-018 we have
 "media sessions" and "SIP session and media to be recorded" and "Recorded
 Session", and it is not clear how any of these relate to our normal term
 (Communication Session). Also, how do these requirements relate to REQ-033
 "The mechanism SHALL support means to relate Recording Session(s) with
 Communication Session(s)."? Can REQ-017 and REQ-018 be removed? If not,
 they should at least be clarified in some way?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/30>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>