Subject: [siprec] #22: Purpose of metadata

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:57:03 -0000

#22: Purpose of metadata
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  major                               |   Milestone:                  
Component:  Requirements                        |     Version:                  
 Severity:  Active WG Document                  |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 From a recent thread on session establishment SRS to SRC, one thing that
 arose is the question of the purpose of metadata. One purpose could be to
 advise the SRS about CSs that the SRS may or may not want to record. A
 second purpose could be to provide the information with information about
 a CS that is to be or is being recorded, in order to advise the SRS how to
 record and playback the CS. There will probably be some data that applies
 to both, but I suspect there is not total overlap. Perhaps we should
 define two terms for the two types of data, to avoid confusion.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/22>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>

---

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 07:12:56 -0000

#22: Purpose of metadata

Comment(by john.elwell@…):

 Can we stick to the notion that metadata is only for the second purpose,
 i.e., to provide information about a CS that is to be or is being
 recorded, in order to advise the SRS how to record and play back the CS?
 We can continue outside this thread to discuss whether the issue of data
 on which the SRS can make a decision to record, but we should not call
 that metadata.

 John (as individual)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/22#comment:1>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>