Subject: [siprec] use case 12 - real-time media processing

From: "Henry Lum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:15:26 -0700

Hi,

I think there are 2 aspects in use case 12 that are not yet called out
as requirements:

1)      Due to the use cases for media processing applications such as
speech analytics (ie. emotion detection), we need to specify that the
mechanism must support real-time streaming of the recording session so
that these types of applications can be enabled. Should we add a
requirement to specify this?

2)      In the last sentence, speech analytics applications normally
require the streams the be separated for each endpoint in the
communication session. Since REQ-012 explains that audio streams can be
mixed, we should also explain that the mechanism can specify that audio
streams to be delivered separate streams rather than mixed.

Regards,

Henry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.

---

From: "Dave Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:34:05 -0700

Hi, 

Input to item # 1:   

Possibly we do not need an additional requirement for Speech Analytics.
It seems that Requirement 13 (...support the ability to deliver multiple
media streams...over separate Recording Sessions...) can be applied to
support use cases for media processing applications such as speech
analytics and emotion detection.  So probably we don't need to create an
additional requirement.  

We could clarify Requirement 13 by adding a sentence at the end that
identifies the use cases it could support, for example something like
the following:  "This requirement could be applied to support Use Case
11 (for supporting different medias and for supporting separate channels
for Speech Analytics) and Use Case XX (redundant streams for Recording
High Availability).  

I am not sure if "real-time streaming" needs to be explicitly stated in
order to support Speech Analytics (SA)....possibly that is implicitly
available through the architecture and SA could be performed by the SRS
separately (and then that part may be out of our scope).  

Input to item # 2:  

Probably we do not need to take any action regarding this point.  It
seems that Requirement 13 (...support the ability to deliver multiple
media streams...over separate Recording Sessions...) can be applied to
support use cases for providing separate streams for Speech Analytics
applications.  

 

Regards,

Dave

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Henry Lum
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] use case 12 - real-time media processing

Hi,

Regards,

Henry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its
affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is
authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining
from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby
excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its
attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it
for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.
Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent
and/or its affiliated entities.

---

From: "Henry Lum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:46:39 -0700

Requirement 13 is not specific on the real-time aspect of recording. We
could add a sentence to this requirement but it's going to overload the
meaning of this requirement so that's why I think we should mention it
as a new requirement that the mechanism should allow for real-time
processing of recorded media by applications such as speech analytics.

Henry

From: Dave Smith 
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 4:34 AM
To: Henry Lum; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [siprec] use case 12 - real-time media processing

Hi, 

Input to item # 1:   

 

Input to item # 2:  

 

Regards,

Dave

Hi,

Regards,

Henry

---

From: Deepanshu Gautam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:20:17 +0800

I kinda agree with Henry here, requirement 13 is not at all specific to
real-time media processing. If we want to support that feature then putting
a requirement for the same wouldn't hurt. Usecase 12 is infact not covered
well by the requirements.

I also think that REQ-13 only says "....multiple media streams........over
separate Recording Sessions...." but it doesn't say whether the media
streams are mixed or un-mixed. So i guess there may be a need to call-out
for un-mixed media too (specially, when we are calling out for mixed
{REQ-12} in addition to REQ-14).

Regards
Deepanshu

  _____

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Henry Lum
Sent: 2010年6月14日 22:47
To: Dave Smith; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [siprec] use case 12 - real-time media processing

Requirement 13 is not specific on the real-time aspect of recording. We
could add a sentence to this requirement but it’s going to overload the
meaning of this requirement so that’s why I think we should mention it as a
new requirement that the mechanism should allow for real-time processing of
recorded media by applications such as speech analytics.

Henry

From: Dave Smith

Hi,

Input to item # 1:

Possibly we do not need an additional requirement for Speech Analytics.  It
seems that Requirement 13 (…support the ability to deliver multiple media
streams…over separate Recording Sessions…) can be applied to support use
cases for media processing applications such as speech analytics and emotion
detection.  So probably we don’t need to create an additional requirement.

We could clarify Requirement 13 by adding a sentence at the end that
identifies the use cases it could support, for example something like the
following:  “This requirement could be applied to support Use Case 11 (for
supporting different medias and for supporting separate channels for Speech
Analytics) and Use Case XX (redundant streams for Recording High
Availability).

I am not sure if “real-time streaming” needs to be explicitly stated in
order to support Speech Analytics (SA)….possibly that is implicitly
available through the architecture and SA could be performed by the SRS
separately (and then that part may be out of our scope).

Input to item # 2:

Probably we do not need to take any action regarding this point.  It seems
that Requirement 13 (…support the ability to deliver multiple media streams
…over separate Recording Sessions…) can be applied to support use cases
for providing separate streams for Speech Analytics applications.

Regards,

Dave

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Henry Lum
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] use case 12 - real-time media processing

Hi,

I think there are 2 aspects in use case 12 that are not yet called out as
requirements:

1)      Due to the use cases for media processing applications such as
speech analytics (ie. emotion detection), we need to specify that the
mechanism must support real-time streaming of the recording session so that
these types of applications can be enabled. Should we add a requirement to
specify this?

2)      In the last sentence, speech analytics applications normally require
the streams the be separated for each endpoint in the communication session.
Since REQ-012 explains that audio streams can be mixed, we should also
explain that the mechanism can specify that audio streams to be delivered
separate streams rather than mixed.

Regards,

Henry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its
affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized.
Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on
any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the
original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents
to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments
belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its
affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized.
Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on
any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the
original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents
to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments
belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.