Subject: [siprec] Use Case 10 - Hi Availability and Hi Reliability

From: "Dave Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:42:09 -0700

Use Case #10 discusses Hi Availability and Hi Reliability

It discusses how to handle Recording Availability/Reliability if a
recorder fails (at call set up, or during a call), but the use case does
not discuss how to ensure Recording Hi Availability (no loss of voice
recording).  This use case seems to be specifically about how to handle
situations when an SRS fails.  

I have the following recommendations:  

            a.  Consider to rename this use case to the following:
Handling SRS failure

            b.  Consider to add a separate use case for Handling SRC
failure, for example, fail-over to a second/backup SRC.

            c.  Consider to add a separate use case for Recording High
Availability (to ensure no loss of voice recording).  For example this
could be done by supporting redundant RSs (and associated redundant
SRSs), or by supporting redundant SRCs (each with an RS and SRS).   

Regards,

Dave

					
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.