Subject: [siprec] #37: Do we need REQ-031 on SIP security model?

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:25:22 -0000

#37: Do we need REQ-031 on SIP security model?
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:  krehor@…        
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  minor                               |   Milestone:                  
Component:  Requirements                        |     Version:                  
 Severity:  Active WG Document                  |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 REQ-031 "The mechanism MUST support the existing SIP security model,
    including eavesdropping protection, authorization and authentication."
 Does this really need to be brought out as a requirement. Given that we
 are using SIP, and given REQ-029 on security, it seems likely we will use
 the normal SIP security model. If we really need such a statement, can it
 be covered by REQ-029 somehow?

 John

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/37>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>