Subject: [siprec] Discuss open items on draft-ram-siprec-metadata-00

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:12:16 +0530

Hi Team,

These are some of the open items on draft-ram-siprec-metadata-00
(http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ram-siprec-metadata-00.txt).

 We would like get thoughts from folks to get the discussion moving on
these items. 

Also we would like to hear from folks on what additional things they
would like to see in the metadata model.

Metadata Model: Recording Session Group

These is optional and is Used when multiple RS need to be related (e.g.
recording initiated by multiple participants.)

Do we need this element ? if yes What attributes it should have ?
(type/usage/reason ? )

The Recording Session in the model currently has following attributes.
What other attributes does  the team like to see ? 

*        Recording Requestor ID  (SRC/SRS)

*       Recording Reason

*       Recording Type  (Selective/Persistant)

Metadata Model: Communication Session

What are the attributes we need to CS ?

Also please look at Metadata Model: Recorded Media Stream and Metadata
Model: Received Media Stream and comment on what additional attributes
are needed

Application data

The model intends to allow any number of application data objects
attached to any of the others elements

*       We need a type identifier.

-      What namespace?

-      What assignment rules?

*       Do we need a data encoding type separate from type id?

*       How do we represent / transmit the opaque data?

-      Text/binary

Please give your inputs

Regards,

Ram