Subject: [siprec] Metadata open item : What metadata is needed, what is not needed?

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:04:09 +0530

Hi Team,

We had a discussion in the interim meeting on the cases where in if
media is not recorded, do we still need to identify speaker, identify
participants, identify when someone went on hold, who initiated the
call, who terminated the call, etc.... assuming these details are
available to SRC.

Leon was suggesting to have above information data in the model.

Please note the current model does provide the flexibility to already
store some of this data  from the way I visualize it- 

For e.g:

Let say we have a CS where we have two participants P1(Media M1) and
P2(Media M2) in call and at some point the call is put on hold with
Media M3(MOH).

After some time call is resumed with same participants P1(Media M4) and
P2(Media M5) it can be represented in the model as below:

                       CS1 block

                         |                                           

Received Media Stream block 1  ....  Received Media Stream block 2

 (for M1 properties)                     (for M2 properties)         

       |                                   |

  Participant block 1                Participant block 1

    ( Participant P1)                   ( Participant P2)

When on hold the model instance will look as:

                       CS1 block

                         |                                           

Received Media Stream block 1  ....  Received Media Stream block 2
..... Received Media Stream block 3

 (for M1 properties)                     (for M2 properties)
(for M2 properties)

       |                                   |
| 

  Participant block 1                Participant block 2
Participant block 3 // optional

    ( Participant P1)                   ( Participant P2)

After resume the model instance will look as

                       CS1 block

                         |                                           

Received Media Stream blocks 1,4  ....    Received Media Stream blocks
2,4   ..... Received Media Stream block 3

 (for M1, M4 properties)                   (for M2, M5 properties)
(for M2 properties)

       |                                     |
| 

  Participant block 1                    Participant block 2
Participant block 3 // optional

    ( Participant P1)                     ( Participant P2)

Also each Received Media Stream may point to Recorded Media Stream that
has the actual recorded data whose format is opaque to this model

Also the participant block has attributes like AoR which can identify
the participant. 

Do we see a need to have more attributes to identify speaker ?

Regards,

Ram