Subject: [siprec] Open item on Media Stream Attributes: Metadata Model

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 22:50:37 +0530

During  the Metadata model discussion in IETF79 ,  we received some
comments  on attributes for Media Stream of metadata model.  Please
provide your comments / text here:

Item 1:

There was a comment that we might need additional attributes in  Media
Streams attributes for Video recording.

Can someone please suggest any other attributes on top of what we have
now for Media Streams ?

Current list of attributes for Media Streams:

-      Start Time ( Represents Media Start time).

-      End Time (Media end Time).

-      Codec

-      Media stream Reference( SDP reference)

The current attributes includes reference to SDP that will have most of
the parameters of media. 

Let us know if any other parameter needs to be explicitly sent in the
metadata for video

Item 2:

Leon Portman suggested on having information about streams not recorded
- Streams not recorded and its changes (like hold/resume ) 

Please provide comments on  this or let me if there a consensus  in the
WG on having this

Thanks,

Ram

<snip> from minutes of IETF79

Slides 14/15: Media Stream

Peter Musgrave asked how do I know if sent media streams are left and
right?

Eric asked what are units for start/end. We did agree we needed to
record wall 

time, so maybe this is the place. 

Paul called for help from people who understand media to indicate what
we need 

here. 

Charles Eckel stated that in terms of video will need something about
what 

granularity you can search to - you need an I-frame frequency or a list
of where 

I frames are.

We need text.

Ram asked whether we need to model information which did not get
recorded (i.e. 

that video was declined)

Leon Portman replied yes, there may be cases where we want to know video
was an 

option.  We can just reflect what the communication session offered.

John asked: Suppose you offer audio+video for recording and only audio
is 

accepted  - does the SRS need to know if video is subsequently paused?

Leon replied yes, I think so.

No other proposals, so if more is needed in model to reflect this, we
need text.

Ram asked whether privacy stuff should go here. We probably have the
answer from 

the privacy discussions on the requirements document.

</snip>