Subject: [siprec] SIPREC Metadata Model: Soliciting use cases for CSs to be concurrently associated (different views) with multiple CS-Groups

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:33:19 +0530

Hi All,

During the SIPREC IETF virtual interim meeting on Dec 16th 2010, it was
unclear on use cases for  a Communication Session (CS) to be associated
with multiple CS-Groups concurrently. 

Can someone suggest some use cases by which we can evaluate if this
association is needed ?

In some of the earlier discussions [  with De Villiers de Wet] it was
seen that we may need different groupings (from the perspective of
customer, from the perspective of Agent or supervisor). Storing these
different views(groupings) may be useful at SRS as there may be
applications that  may query for one view(a customer's view or agents
view or  supervisors view). 

However it was later agreed that these views can be derived by SRS by
using the existing  SIPREC metadata model  ( from participants) even
without having a Communication Session (CS) to be associated with
multiple CS-Groups concurrently.

If there are no compelling use cases, I will close this open item and
have the association as it is in the current
model(draft-ram-siprec-metadata-02)

Regards,

Ram