Subject: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

From: "Parthasarathi R (partr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:36:58 +0530

Hi all,
 
As per interim meeting, there is a need to explain the reason for having
start/stop time in CSG group. Two reasons for having this attribute:
 
1) BYE will serve the purpose in case CSG is within single RS or ending
at the end of some RS. In case CSG is terminated in the middle of RS
session (persistent session), there is a need of an attribute.  As it is
middle of the RS, it is better to have the exact time.
 
2) In case partial-update of metadata format, there is an need of XML
element to indicate the termination of CSG ("group") element. It shall
be achieved by "stop-time" element within CSG.
 
Thanks
Partha
 
Note:
Topic - Metadata model(Ram Mohan)

draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-01

================================================

Draft: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/> 

Slides:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/SIPR
EC%20Metamodel%20-%20Virtual%20Interim-23Jun_2011.pptx
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/SIP
REC%20Metamodel%20-%20Virtual%20Interim-23Jun_2011.pptx> 

Side 5: On the issue of whether a CSG element needs a start/stop time,
Ram explained that the information could be derived from the start/stop
times of the CSs that form part of that group (although he was concerned
about the complications of overlapping CSs), or could be explicitly
indicated for the group. Leon and John thought that implicit should be
sufficient. Partha tried to express a point concerning termination of a
CSG, but this needs to be raised on the list.

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:32:40 +0530

To add more to what Partha has mentioned another use case is when
multiple RSs are used for recording a CSG it is easy to determine start/
Stop time when explicitly indicated in CSG.

So I would prefer to have Start/ Stop time explicitly indicated in
CS-Group and which would indicate when a Group Starts/ End.

Ram

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Parthasarathi R (partr)
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 11:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] CSG start & stop time attribute requirement

Hi all,

Thanks

Partha

Note:

Slides: