Subject: [siprec] Ticket #68 Start/stop time for Recording Session

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:17:35 +0530

A ticket was raised after IETF80 on the need for a optional attribute to
indicate start/stop time of RS in metadata.

After the discussions in last interim meeting (2011-05-09) and after
that, we agreed  that  in the Metadata  model we will continue to have
RS block. However in the format there is no need for a separate element
(XML) for RS. Instead the Recording Session SIP dialog will itself serve
for this purpose ( and thus maps to RS block in the model). 

Refer mail thread for details -
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/siprec/current/msg01998.html

Since there is no separate XML representation for RS  block in the
schema, there is no need for any attributes. Hence we can close this
ticket.

An SRS interested in knowing the  start / stop time may  derive from:

*         Date/Time header ( if present in SIP message )

*         OR From the time at which SRS receives SIP messages. 

Let me know your thoughts on this.  

Regards,

Ram

---

From: "Parthasarathi R (partr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:05:05 +0530

IMO, let the attribute be represented in the metadata model and its
value (metadata format) shall be derived from Date header in RS. This
will facilitate for better interoperability between SRC and SRS rather
than keep it as open.
 
Thanks
Partha

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 10:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] Ticket #68 Start/stop time for Recording Session

Regards,

Ram

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:42:53 +0530

Sounds fine to me.  However we may not able to mandate having Date
header in SIP messages between SRC and SRS. So we may have to say that
the attribute value could be derived from 

Date header ( if present in SIP message) OR

>From the time at which SRS receive the SIP message to setup RS /
disconnect RS  ( this is not efficient though)

I would like to hear if there is any better way to derive the  Start /
Stop time of RS.

Ram

From: Parthasarathi R (partr) 
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 12:05 AM
To: Ram Mohan R (rmohanr); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [siprec] Ticket #68 Start/stop time for Recording Session

Thanks

Partha

Regards,

Ram