Subject: [siprec] Ticket #71 Media Stream / codec params

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:19:23 +0530

<snip> from ticket #71 description:

>From Prague minutes: "Slide 9: Open item: Media stream: Codec params
text change. Although there 
wasn't any objection to changing codec params text to refer to RS SDP
(as 
opposed to CS SDP), it was not clear to everyone why this was needed at
all. 
Therefore it will be taken to the mailing list."

</snip>

The codec parameters on the MS have been there since the first cut at
the metadata model. The intent at that time was to see if there was any
need to carry some of the CS parameters as metadata in  RS dialog. 

However after several discussions we had on the mailer where we have not
seen any use cases we agreed that there is no need to carry CS SDP
params

Please refer to mail thread
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/siprec/current/msg01600.html

So I intend to remove this attribute from the MS block of the metadata
model and close this ticket.

Please get back before 6/ 13 ( Monday) if any one has any concerns.

Regards,

Ram

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:43:09 +0530

I have not heard of any motivations for having Codec-params in media
stream block of the model.

So will remove the same in the next version.

Regards,

Ram

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 10:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] Ticket #71 Media Stream / codec params

</snip>

Regards,

Ram