Subject: Re: [siprec] #79: Review mechanism for triggering and responding for metadata snapshot request

From: "siprec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 04:06:53 -0000

#79: Review mechanism for triggering and responding for metadata snapshot
request

Changes (by henry.lum@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Andy has provided a summary that were agreed upon.

         > 1. An explicit snapshot request MUST be in an UPDATE without
 SDP.
         >
         > 2. The snaphot MUST be in either an UPDATE or a reINVITE both of
 which
         > MUST have SDP. I would be ok with mandating it be only in an
 UPDATE
         > but I think it is not necessary.
         >
         > 3. The SRS MAY generate a reINVITE without SDP but this MUST not
         > include a snapshot request.

 Based on the summary, here are the changes:

 Section 8.1 paragraph 3
 "...When the SRC sends a full metadata snapshot, the SRC MUST
    send an INVITE or an UPDATE request with an SDP offer and the
    "recording-session" disposition."

 Section 8.2 paragraph 3

 "When the SRS explicitly requests for a full metadata snapshot, the
    SRS MUST send an UPDATE request without an SDP offer.  A metadata
    snapshot request contains a content with the content disposition type
    "recording-session".  Note that the SRS MAY generate an INVITE
    request without an SDP offer but this MUST not include a metadata
    snapshot request."

-- 
----------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  leonp@…   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-siprec-protocol@…
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major     |   Milestone:
Component:  protocol  |     Version:  2.0
 Severity:  -         |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:            |
----------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/siprec/trac/ticket/79#comment:1>
siprec <http://tools.ietf.org/siprec/>