Subject: [siprec] FW: RFC 7866 on Session Recording Protocol

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 13:24:54 +0000

Great news it's been a bit of a journey but with RFC 7865 and 7866 being published we are almost done.

We should have a bit of a celebration in Berlin if any of you are around.

Regards
Andy (SIPREC Co-chair).

-----Original Message-----
From: siprec [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 01 June 2016 01:42
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] RFC 7866 on Session Recording Protocol

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7866

        Title:      Session Recording Protocol 
        Author:     L. Portman, H. Lum, Ed.,
                    C. Eckel, A. Johnston, A. Hutton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 104535
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7866

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7866

This document specifies the use of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP), the Session Description Protocol (SDP), and the Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) for delivering real-time media and metadata
from a Communication Session (CS) to a recording device.  The Session
Recording Protocol specifies the use of SIP, SDP, and RTP to
establish a Recording Session (RS) between the Session Recording
Client (SRC), which is on the path of the CS, and a Session Recording
Server (SRS) at the recording device.  This document considers only
active recording, where the SRC purposefully streams media to an SRS
and all participating user agents (UAs) are notified of the
recording.  Passive recording, where a recording device detects media
directly from the network (e.g., using port-mirroring techniques), is
outside the scope of this document.  In addition, lawful intercept is
outside the scope of this document.

This document is a product of the SIP Recording Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
siprec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec

---

From: Leon Portman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:40:48 +0300

Yes, it is. It took a while :) 

Best Regards 

Leon

> On 1 ביוני 2016, at 16:24, Hutton, Andrew <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:02:44 +0000

Yes. It took a while for sure.
I will be in Berlin and we should meet up to celebrate :)

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: siprec <[email-masked]> on behalf of Leon Portman
<[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 1 June 2016 at 7:10 PM
To: "Hutton, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [siprec] FW:  RFC 7866 on Session Recording Protocol