Subject: [Slim] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on charter-ietf-slim-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 06:10:06 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-slim-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-slim/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also concur with Barry's Block. However I'm not sure we want to ballot
on it before that issue is resolved as it's fairly fundamental so I'd be
more
comfortable if we punted on this for now until that scoping discussion
is
done. For example, I think the security and privacy considerations
associated 
with email and WebRTC are totally different so it might really be better
to
handle 'em separately.

Note that we do have the opportunity to put this on the Sunday agenda in
Prague, so punting on it for now doesn't have to mean waiting too long
for a WG to be formed. And if those interested cannot manage to reach
consensus on a WG scope before Prague, then that probably indicates that
there's a problem there such that forming a WG now would be a bad plan.

So, this isn't an additional block, but I'd prefer we not ballot today as
this
a fundamental scope issue is still being discussed. 

We can chat about it on the call.