Subject: [Slim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 09:23:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Selection of Language for Internet Media WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Negotiating Human Language in Real-Time Communications
        Author          : Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-19.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-12-01

Abstract:
   Users have various human (natural) language needs, abilities, and
   preferences regarding spoken, written, and signed languages.  This
   document adds new SDP media-level attributes so that when
   establishing interactive communication sessions ("calls"), it is
   possible to negotiate (communicate and match) the caller's language
   and media needs with the capabilities of the called party.  This is
   especially important with emergency calls, where a call can be
   handled by a call taker capable of communicating with the user, or a
   translator or relay operator can be bridged into the call during
   setup, but this applies to non-emergency calls as well (as an
   example, when calling a company call center).

   This document describes the need and a solution using new SDP media
   attributes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/