Subject: [smartpower-interest] CFP - 1st IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:17:42 -0500

IEEE SMARTGRIDCOMM 2010
1st IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications

October 4 - 6, 2010
National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA

CALL FOR PAPERS

Developing the Smart Grid has become an urgent global priority as its
economic, environmental, and societal benefit will be enjoyed by generations
to come. Information and communications technologies are at the core of the
Smart Grid vision as they will empower today's power grid with the
capability of supporting two-way energy and information flow, isolating and
restoring power outages more quickly, facilitating the integration of
renewable energy sources into the grid and empowering the consumer with
tools for optimizing their energy consumption.

The 1st IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications
(SmartGridComm) is centered on all communications aspects that are relevant
to the Smart Grid and aims at bringing together researchers from Academia,
Industry, and National Labs to exchange novel ideas, explore enabling
technologies, discuss innovative designs, and share field trial experiences
and lessons learnt.

Prospective authors are invited to submit original contributions (standard
two-column IEEE format and up to 6 pages) on all aspects of Smart Grid
Communications, including but not limited to:

*	Cyber and Physical Security and Privacy 

*	Electrical Transportation 

*	Virtual Power Plants, Distributed Generation, Microgrids, Renewables
and Storage 

*	HAN, IAN, BAN, FAN and NAN (wireless and wired PHY/MACs, mesh, HEMS,
BACnet, etc.) 

*	Networking for Smart Grid (IETF, 6LoWPAN, ROLL, IPv4/IPv6, etc.) 

*	Wide-area Monitoring and Control (NASPInet, SCADA, DNP3,
fault-detection and localization, sensing, etc.) 

*	Architectures and Models for the Smart Grid 

*	Smart/Virtual Metering, Demand Response, Dynamic Pricing 

*	Standardization, Interoperability and Coexistence 

*	The whole picture: sense, communicate, compute, control 

*	Information and communications theory for power systems 

*	Field trials, deployments, and lessons learnt 

*	Regulatory issues and their impact on communications aspects 

Important dates
Paper Submission Deadline: May 1, 2010
Notification of Acceptance: July 19, 2010
Camera Ready Paper Due: Aug. 1, 2010
Author Registration Deadline: Aug. 1, 2010

General co-chairs
George Arnold, NIST, USA
Stefano Galli, Panasonic R&D, USA 

TPC co-chairs
Fred Baker, Cisco, USA
Hamid Gharavi, NIST, USA
Simon Haykin, McMaster University, Canada