Subject: [smartpower-interest] FYI - two NIST drafts of interest

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:52:04 -0500

Firstly, I have not contributed to these drafts, nor have I fully 
reviewed them.  Based on a cursory scan, I thought either or both might 
be of interest to folks reading these lists.  Please do not send me 
comments on them or post to these lists, but follow instructions on the 
NIST site if you do have substantive input for the authors.

First is guidance on secure deployment of IPv6; as IP (in general, and 
we hope IPv6 in particular) will likely be in the network supporting 
SmartGrid, the particulars of secure use of IPv6 are relevant

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsDrafts.html#SP-800-119

Second is a product of the NIST Smart Grid Interoperability Panel - 
Cyber Security Working Group
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsDrafts.html#IR-7628

-- 
Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research 
Supporting DISA Standards Engineering Branch
732-389-1003 or  [email-masked]