Subject: [smartpower-interest] CFP: Wide-Area Situation Awareness in Smart Grids and Sensor Grids

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:04:53 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS
 
Special Session: Wide-Area Situation Awareness in Smart Grids and Sensor
Grids

13th International Conference on Information Fusion 2010
26-29 July 2010
Edinburgh, UK
www.fusion2010.org

Wide-Area Situational Awareness (WASA) is a research and engineering
discipline that got its impetus from massive sensor data collection, fusion,
and construction of complex situational description of observed and
monitored processes and missions. Smart grids and sensor grids are two
emerging and related areas in WASA, where large-scale real-time data sensing
and fusion is expected to have significant importance. Recently, wide-area
situational awareness has been identified by the US NIST as a high priority.
This session will focus on intelligent fusion and situation management
techniques for achieving wide area situational awareness in smart grids and
sensor grids.
 
Smart grids and sensor grids are expected to have 2-way communication, cover
large geographic areas, operate in real-time, involve multiple distributed
intelligent entities, and include significant sensing and data collection
capability.  The large-scale dynamic topology and participation of multiple
intelligent entities introduces new problems from information fusion
standpoint.

Relevant research topics include grid reference models; fusion and control
scalability studies; models of representation, adaptation, and
self-organization of the distributed entities to reach collective sensing,
fusion, situation awareness, reasoning, and problem solving.
 
Submissions
 
All Fusion 2010 Paper submissions are submitted through
http://www.fusion2010.org/paper-submisson.htm

Assign the paper to the following session:
Sp S4: Wide-Area Situational Awareness in Smart Grids and Sensor Grids

Deadline: March 16, 2010

Submissions for the Special Sessions are subject to the same rules,
guidelines and peer review as all other papers. 
Further information can be found on
http://www.fusion2010.org/paper-submisson.htm  

Session Organizers:

John Buford (Avaya Labs Research)
Gabriel Jakobson (Altusys)