Subject: [smartpower-interest] New SMART-Power Purchasing Control Model

From: todd glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:42:37 -0700

I should mention that  we have a new "Protocol for the  Announcement of 
Energy Availability , Negotiation for and then Purchase of Energy" as an 
algorithmic trading system type operation. It was patent-applied-for 
prior to its public announcement. As such NO right to use it is conveyed 
in this announcement (this last comment is to address NoteWell).

It's a variant of a system used by Securities Traders today which is 
fully FINRA and SEC Approved, and why that is important is that the 
instant a meter can shop and buy power from other provides it will 
become federally regulated by FINRA, and there is no way around that for 
anyone.

So... the patent for this was filed in March of 2010 and is already 
registered. The IP is intended to be licensable and there will be an 
open source version which will implement the basic messaging
and control service application protocol over the IP-over-Grid messaging 
already in place for DASH7 and other appliance type device systems. If 
you are interested please contact me off list.

It is NOT my intent at this time to turn this IP over to the IETF 
because of what I cite as "gross incompetence in the IETF's legal team 
and IPR working group" for refusing to put in place a model for IETF IP 
which will meet those requirements of their sponsor's IP acquisition 
policies already in use today ... a situation which I assert is well 
known and which makes control and ownership of any IETF protocol 
impossible even for the IETF itself, but the people inside seem to 
intend this to be the case and so turning IP over to the IETF is neither 
smart or meets the terms and conditions for any of the commercial 
players here IMHO.

This is what happens when you put people in charge of the IETF who's 
professional salaries are paid to allow them to continue dominating and 
preventing others from working with and in advancing efforts inside the 
IETF itself.

Todd Glassey