Subject: [smartpower-interest] CFP: Special Session on Smart Grids: Emerging Services and Networks - DEADLINE AUG 1

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:55:35 -0400

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Session on Smart Grids:  Emerging Services and Networks

IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference 2011

Jan 9 - 12, 2011 * Las Vegas, NV, USA

www.ieee-ccnc.org

The future smart grid will enable cost savings and lower energy use by means
of smart appliances and smart meters which support dynamic load management
and real-time monitoring of energy use and distribution.  The Smart Grid
will interface with smart appliances and area networking in the home. The
introduction of two-way communications and control into power grid enables
coordination of home energy use with the real-time economics of the power
grid, while introducing security and privacy concerns.

Deployment of Smart Grids opens important new services for consumers and
means that home networks for appliances and personal electronics may be
integrated and monitored for energy management.

Important progress has been in Smart Grid architecture, and there are many
pilot projects underway around the world. The details of Smart Grid network
and services is still evolving.

The goal of this special session is to provide a forum for engineers,
architects, and researchers to share knowledge and innovation in Smart Grid
evolution focusing on network and service issues touching consumers.
We solicit papers covering various topics of interest that include (but are
not limited to) the following:

    * End-to-end networking
    * Area network integration with smart grid
    * Protocols for control and event delivery
    * Gateways and smart meter interconnectivity and routing
    * Event distribution and load management
    * Novel services
    * Cyber security and privacy
    * Wide-area situational awarness
    * Consumer-to-consumer power re-distribution mechanisms and networking
    * Standardization
    * Pilot projects and deployments

Authors are invited to submit regular technical papers or position papers.
The position papers should present novel technologies at an early stage of
development or share future vision. All submissions should describe
original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by
another conference or journal. Manuscripts should not exceed five (5) pages
in double-column IEEE format. Please submit the paper via EDAS.

Submissions

Deadline: Aug 1, 2010

Submissions for the Special Sessions are subject to the same rules,
guidelines and peer review as all other papers.

Further information can be found on
http://cms.comsoc.org/eprise/main/SiteGen/CCNC_2011/Content/Home/author.html

Session Organizers:

Thomas Chen (Swansea University)
John Buford (Avaya Labs Research)

_______________________________________________
Tccc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/tccc