Subject: New S/MIME drafts available
From: "Paul E. Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:27:56 -0800

After much work on many people's part, there are new Internet Drafts for
S/MIME. The drafts combine the specifications from the old format draft and
the RSA S/MIME Implementors Guide. The drafts will appear in the IETF
directories in the next few weeks; until then, you can access them from:

<http://www.imc.org/ietf-smime/draft-dusse-smime-msg>
<http://www.imc.org/ietf-smime/draft-dusse-smime-cert>

Note that each draft has an appendix which lists open issues. These
appendixes list known topics that are not clear, need more discussion, or
are open to major change. Of course, you are free to discuss other issues
in the drafts as well.

IMPORTANT: please focus all discussion of the drafts on the
"[email-masked]" mailing list. The "[email-masked]" mailing list
should remain for developer's issues only. Information about the
"[email-masked]" mailing list can be found at
<http://www.imc.org/ietf-smime/>.

Also, if you are coming to the S/MIME BOF at the IETF meeting in Memphis,
please be sure to read the drafts before the BOF. Although there won't be
time to discuss the drafts in any detail (the BOF is only one hour long),
having people who know what's in the draft always helps move a BOF along.

--Paul E. Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 13:45:03 -0800
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: "Paul E. Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Subject: S/MIME BOF at Memphis IETF
Sender: [email-masked]

Greetings. I'm sending this messages to both S/MIME lists so that anyone
going to the IETF meeting in Memphis will know that we are having our
second (and final) BOF. The BOF will be Wednesday, April 9 at 1300-1400.
Due to the short time of the meeting, we'll have a somewhat abbreviated
agenda:

Introductions
   People
   Mailing lists
   Web sites
Status of Internet Drafts
Status of commercial products
Do we form a Working Group?
Draft bashing

If you'll be in Memphis for the IETF meeting, we certainly hope to see you
at the BOF.

--Paul E. Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium