Subject: RFC 3058 on IDEA Encryption Algorithm in CMS

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:18:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3058

        Title:	    Use of the IDEA Encryption Algorithm in CMS 
        Author(s):  S. Teiwes, P. Hartmann, D. Kuenzi
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17257
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None        

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3058.txt

This memo specifies how to incorporate International Data Encryption
Algorithm (IDEA) into CMS or S/MIME as an additional strong algorithm
for symmetric encryption.  For organizations who make use of IDEA for
data security purposes it is of high interest that IDEA is also
available in S/MIME.  The intention of this memo is to provide the
OIDs and algorithms required that IDEA can be included in S/MIME for
symmetric content and key encryption.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.