Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-key-wrap-00.txt

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 11:14:51 -0400

The update to Key Wrap Document is ready for WG Last Call.  In a way, it 
has already gone through last call since it is part of RFC 2630.  Until 
recently, it was part of the CMSALG document.  It was separated since the 
key wrapping algorithms have uses beyond the context of the CMS and S/MIME.

Since this review will only focus on the document structure, I am using a 
slightly shorter Last Call duration than normal.  Please post all comments 
on this document to the S/MIME WG mail list by 14 September 2001.

	Title		: Triple-DES and RC2 Key Wrapping
	Author(s)	: R. Housley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-key-wrap-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 05-Sep-01
	
This document specifies the algorithm for wrapping one Triple-DES
[3DES] key with another Triple-DES key and the algorithm for wrapping
one RC2 [RC2] key with another RC2 key.  These key wrap algorithms
were originally published in section 12.6 of RFC 2630 [CMS].  They
are republished since these key wrap algorithms have been found to be
useful in contexts beyond those supported by RFC 2630.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-key-wrap-00.txt

Russ