Subject: RFC 3183 on Domain Security Services using S/MIME

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:26:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3183

        Title:	    Domain Security Services using S/MIME
        Author(s):  T. Dean, W. Ottaway
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 57129
        SeeAlso/Updates/Obsoletes:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-domsec-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3183.txt

This document describes how the S/MIME (Secure/Multipurpose Internet
Mail Extensions) protocol can be processed and generated by a number
of components of a communication system, such as message transfer
agents, guards and gateways to deliver security services.  These
services are collectively referred to as 'Domain Security Services'.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.