Subject: snmpconf issue #4 resolution - code reuse

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:59:44 +0200

Greetings,

http://www.snmp.com/snmpconf/mailing-list/msg00656.html has the
mail on this thread.

The issue is how to promote code reuse.  Wes made some
proposals, from "hacky" to adding functions into the language.

I have not seen a groundswell of support for any of the
proposals.  I am loathe to do add functions back based upon the
very sparse number of opinions voiced thus far.  Neither have
I seen any consensus for any of the other alternatives.

So, in keeping with the "onus on the changer" principle, I don't
judge that the working group has consensus to change anything.

With kind regards,

--
David Partain                  [email-masked]
Ericsson Radio Systems AB      Tel:    +46 13 28 41 44
Research and Innovation        Fax:    +46 13 28 75 67
P.O. Box 1248
SE-581 12  Linköping, Sweden