Subject: snmpconf 12.Taxonomy discussion updates to be in BCP referenced in PM Document

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:23:02 -0400

I propose adding the following at the end of section 3 of the PM
Document. Before writing this I checked 2026 and 1543 for an exact
meaning of a 'normative reference'. There really was no such thing. I
checked further with Scott Bradner and ran an example by him. What
follows should not pose any restrictions on the PM document. It is
included to help a larger community understand the SNMPCONF work,
especially those building management applications:

      "The concepts associated Policy-Based Network Management will be
      new to many. This document provides some useful examples of
      different types of policy information and their relationships. The
      Configuring Networks and Devices With SNMP [xx] contains
      additional terminology, an example MIB Module, and an information
      hierarchy that may be helpful to those developing and using this
      technology."

Thanks,
/jon

--
Jon Saperia		     [email-masked]
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874
			     http://www.jdscons.com/

---

From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:36:10 -0400

I assume this should read "The concepts associated with ..."

-- 
---
David Harrington            Network Management Standards Architect
[email-masked]           Office of the CTO
+1 603 337 2614 - voice     Enterasys Networks
+1 603 332 1524 - fax       Rochester NH, USA

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:17:28 -0400

> I assume this should read "The concepts associated with ..."

Dave, good catch. 

Thanks
/jon

Thanks,
/jon
--