Subject: snmpconf Updated PM draft

From: Steve Waldbusser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:44:16 -0700

You can look at the latest version of the PM MIB at
http://www.nextbeacon.com/pmmib/pm.txt

Here's a dump of my change log. The numbers in parenthesis denote my
original todo list number. Unfortunately I *think* these were renumbered
on the master list, but the master list is offline so I can't update
them.

- iv() renamed to ev(), ic() renamed to ec()
- For $N, increased range of N to 128 (from 99)
    See the "Address of 'this element'" section
- (22) Added $* which expands to all index components
    See the "Address of 'this element'" section
- In searchcolumn(), pattern is now of type string
- signalException() is now named signalError() to avoid confusion with
  run-time exceptions.
- Added die() accessor function. This also covers some of Wes's #30
  from his 2/13 email.
- (1) Added pmPolicyElementTypeFilter object
- Took IMPLIED out of role table index
- (2) Changed form of pmElementTypeRegOIDPrefix so that the OID is
      specified up to the table.entry part.
- (3) Completely revamped the schedule table to use the semantics that
      PCIM uses.
      See the introductory section on "Schedule Table" as well as
      pmSchedTable in the MIB
- (4) Added mechanism to clean up resources on RTE or call to die()
      See createRow(), setScratchpad() and die()
- (5) Provide for deletion of scratchpad variables
      See setScratchpad()
- (6) specified storage type for scratchpad variables
      See setScratchpad()
- (7) Provided a way for an action to defer itself to the next lower
      precedence policy (see defer() and die())
-     Fixed Wes's issue #36 (from his 2/13 email re oidncmp()
- (15) Fixed bug: if/for/while must call ToBoolean on their expression
       See the "Operators" part of the "var class" section.
- (16) Specify that function arguments are coerced to the proper type
       See beginning of "Base Accessor Function Library" section.
- (29) Relaxed restriction that filters can't do sets (i.e they can now)
- (33) I withdraw the following: "Define how the return value of the
       policyAction is treated. 0 could have cleanup() or defer()
       semantics."
       As concise as this would be, I believe it would be
       a source of errors that would cause cleanup or defer to happen
       accidently. These actions should be requested explicitely.
- (9)  Reworked the role table index to make it simpler for systems
       that don't act as a mid-level manager. Using same technique,
       add context info and remote contextEngineID info to the
       tracking and debugging tables.
- (11) Used a consistent capitalization convention in naming accessor
       functions.
-      Tightened up rules for optional arguments as well as some of
       the function declarations that use them.
       See beginning of "Base Accessor Function Library" section.
- (12) Added optional arguments to snmpsend to send to another context
       or to a remote system. Made this consistent across all snmp
       functions that initiat SNMP operations.
       See many of the SNMP Access Functions
- (13) Add optional context/addressing arguments to roleMatch()
- (17) Specify that by default context and address default to that of
the
       current element
       See many of the SNMP Access Functions
- (32) Renamed pmElementTypeRegName to pmElementTypeRegDescription
- (31) Added the elementContext() and elementAddress() functions
-      Many edits based on review by Bert
-      Removed NaN semantics
- (25) Implemented Wes's change to the pmPolicyCodeStatus object

Steve