Subject: Wave of attacks in Baghdad leaves 24 dead

From: "CNN news" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:32:39 +0100 (CET)

Wave of attacks in Baghdad leaves 24 dead

POSTED: 1:21 p.m. EST, January 18, 2007

A U.S. soldier treats a man wounded by a truck bomb in Kirkuk.

• Three car bombings kill 10 at popular Baghdad market in Shiite Dora district

• Dora bomb kills 1; Baghdad police bombing kills 4, includes civilians

• Car bomb in city's Camp Sara area kills 3 civilians

• Bomb near police station kills 2; mortar attack in Sunni neighborhood kills 4

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- More than half-a-dozen bombs and a mortar attack ripped
through Baghdad on Thursday, leaving at least 24 people dead and 67 wounded, according to an Interior Ministry source.

In the day's deadliest attack, 10 died after three car bombs detonated nearly simultaneously at a popular vegetable market in
southern Baghdad's Dora district. The blast wounded 30 people, according to an Interior Ministry official.

Lettuce and bloodstained clothes littered the ground among the debris left by buildings and vehicles, according to The
Associated Press. The blast's impact caused a metal roof to blow off from a loading area, leaving a van burned out, with lettuce and onions still on
top of it, the AP said.

Read more about this and other attacks in Iraq...

CNN's Sam Dagher and Jomana Karadsheh contributed to this report.

Copyright 2007 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten,
or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.