Subject: okay now your are ready for them

From: "cointon carie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 18:28:24 +0900

Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more
important, it finds homes for us everywhere.
One must be a living man and a posthumous artist.
Strong character is brought out by change, weak ones by permanence.
The nice thing about being a celebrity is that, if you bore people, they
think it's their fault.
In conversation, humor is worth more than wit and easiness more than
knowledge.
Cats and monkeys monkeys and cats all human life is there.
We cannot possibly let ourselves get frozen into regarding everyone we
do not know as an absolute stranger.
He is dead in this world who has no belief in another.
Reading is equivalent to thinking with someone else's head instead of
with one's own.
I have known a German Prince with more titles than subjects, and a
Spanish nobleman with more names than shirts.
It is not the situation that makes the man, but the man who makes the
situation.
There is more felicity on the far side of baldness than young men can
possibly imagine.
People with great gifts are easy to find, but symmetrical and balanced
ones never.
Buddhism is not a creed, it is a doubt.
Any work that aspires, however humbly, to the condition of art should
carry its justification in every line.
The gospel is neither a discussion or a debate. It is an announcement.
If merely ''feeling good'' could decide, drunkenness would be the
supremely valid human experience.
I divide all readers into two classes: those who read to remember and
those who read to forget.
Nothing else is needed to make you depressed, than to fancy you are so.