Subject: [Softwires] Laying out the questions

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:27:40 -0600

In an effort to pull back the group from turning this into endless and
unguided thread, I ask that folks that have questions related to open issues
with the consensus created at the interim meeting list them so they can be
addressed by others/experts. We can then analyze and discuss each item.
Personal views of X% vs Y% will direct us towards a logical end that
achieves nothing and I don't want to go down that slippery slope.

Please list out any new open issues that are related to the criteria
generated from the MUSTs in our problem statement. For example, revisiting
if we need to have a new prefix delegation system invented for softwires is
outside the bounds of the discussion. I believe that my earlier posting on a
simple google search removed issues of client or server availability of
L2TP. I don't see this as an open issue.

With respect to TTM, there are two solutions that can be deployed tomorrow
and the one chosen with consensus by the interim meeting participants is one
of them. I am not sure I understand questions related to the definition of
TTM. It appears to be a non-issue as the chosen solution is shipping from
multiple vendors and is deployed in all the hub and spoke scenarios.

The notes from the WG (perhaps only IMO) actually have addressed most of the
questions/issues presented on the thread in the last couple/few days. I
don't believe there have been any new items that have arisen, just
restatement of issues and answers/resolutions that exist in the notes. I
have no issue if we want to discuss clarifications, nuances, etc but, in
general I don't view this as a modification of the consensus that was
generated. 

So, if you have new open issues; please send a list to this email list.

Many thanks

-DWard (WG Co-Chair)

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires