Subject: [Softwires] Comments on draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-00

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:29:45 +0900

Hello.

Some comments on 6rd document.

|4.  6rd Prefix Delegation
|
|   In 6rd, a customer site's IPv6 Delegated Prefix is derived from 2
                                                                    ~~~
|   elements:
|
|   1.  An IPv6 Prefix selected by the SP to be the common 6rd SP Prefix
|       for the given 6rd deployment (an SP can have multiple 6rd
|       deployments called domains).
|
|   2.  An assigned IPv4 address for the subscriber.  This IPv4 address
|       may be a global IPv4 address, or a Private RFC 1918 [RFC1918]
|       IPv4 address.
|
|   From these three items, the 6rd Delegated Prefix is automatically
               ~~~~~two?
|   created for the customer site when IPv4 service is obtained.  From
|   the perspective of the 6rd CE LAN-Side functionality, this IPv6
|   delegated prefix is used in the same manner as a prefix obtained via
|   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633].

|6.1.  6rd DHCP option
:
|   The 6rd CE router MUST install a default route to the relay.  It
|   should also install a sink route for the delegated prefix.  As an
|   example using a subscriber IPv4 address of 10.100.100.1, a 6rd IPv4
|   relay address of 10.0.0.1, a v4suffix-length of 24 and 2001:ABC0::/28
                                                           2001:0DB8::/32
|   as the SP 6rd IPv6 prefix, the RIB will look like:
|
|      ::/0 -> 2001:ABC0:0000:0100::   (default route)
               2001:0DB8:0000:0100::
|      2001:ABC0:6464:0100::/56 -> Null0 (6rd prefix sink route)
       2001:0DB8:6464:0100::/56

Note: With 2001:ABC0::/28 and 24 bit suffix, the results should
be 2001:ABC0:0000:1000:: and 2001:ABC6:4640:1000::/52.

Regards,

--
yoshfuji

---

From: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:43:51 +0200

Yoshifuji,

> |   From these three items, the 6rd Delegated Prefix is automatically

thanks, updated!

> be 2001:ABC0:0000:1000:: and 2001:ABC6:4640:1000::/52.

well, spotted. left-over from when we explicitly encoded the domain id.
fixed.

cheers,
Ole