Subject: [Softwires] Softwire Mesh Multicast

From: "Mingwei Xu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:17:13 +0800

A new version of I-D, draft-xu-softwire-mesh-multicast-00.txt has been submitted 
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-softwire-mesh-multicast-00). 
Your comments are appreciated.

Abstract:
The Internet will need to support IPv4 and IPv6 packets.  Both
address families and their attendent protocol suites support
multicast of the single-source and any-source varieties.  As part of
the transition to IPv6, there will be scenarios where a backbone
network running one IP address family internally (referred to as
internal IP or I-IP) will provide transit services to attached client
networks running another IP address family (referred to as external
IP or E-IP).  It is expected that the I-IP backbone will offer
unicast and multicast transit services to the client E-IP networks.

Softwires Mesh is a solution for supporting E-IP unicast and
multicast across an I-IP backbone.  This document describes the
mechanisms for suppporting Internet -style multicast across a set of
E-IP and I-IP networks supporting softwires mesh.

Mingwei