Subject: [Softwires] updated agenda

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 05:00:41 -0800

I've posted the updated agenda with time allocated for each presentation

 - Alain.

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:50:42 +0800

Get ready for softwire draft speed dating! :-)

In the future, it might be a good idea to cover items by topic rather
than individual drafts. For example, there are at least 8 drafts that
deal with ds-lite or 4/6 tunneling. The next big subset is related to 6rd.

Each topic could be presented with one, maybe two, people to give an
overview of how the documents relate to one another, and to identify
contentious subjects that need real-time, in-person, WG discussion
(based on list review, previous discussion and presentation, etc). I
understand that requires a lot more effort to organize on behalf of the
chairs as well as document authors and volunteers to be the spokesperson
for the topic, but if successful it could make for much better usage of
WG time.

My 0.13292 CNY,

- Mark

On 11/7/10 9:00 PM, Alain Durand wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires
>

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:00:18 -0800

Hi,

I will apparently be giving a presentation on SEAL in
a few minutes. One question that may come up is whether
the tunnel MTU determination mechanism can work in a
purely stateless fashion. I don't have this in my charts
(nor the I-D) but the way this can be accommodated is by
modulating the DF bit in the IPv4 header. (In other words,
set DF=1 in some tunneled packets and DF=0 in others.)

Thanks - Fred
[email-masked]