Subject: [Softwires] Annotated Bibliography for IPv4-IPv6 Transition and coexistence

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:31:12 -0400

FYI

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio-03

Nothing original here.  This draft is intended to be a common ground 
reference for the review and discussion of the RFCs, drafts and outside 
references around the topics of IPv6 transition and coexistence.  This 
is an open-ended task as the landscape keeps changing.   I hope it saves 
some folks some time finding all the same context.

The draft is on the v6ops agenda for a very brief presentation, to cover 
the background/motivation, solicit further contributions and to ask for 
opinions on the future disposition of the draft.  This could be a 
one-time individual/info publication, or form the basis for some 
evolving wiki on the subject.  There were several additions just before 
the -00 draft submission cutoff, so folks are still coming up with new 
ideas in the problem space.

Given that drafts on the subject are being developed in several working 
groups, I'm circulating this on several lists for general interest, 
comments and contributions.  Please do not reply-all and cross-post on 
the lists but rather e-mail me directly with any 
oversights/additions/deletions/corrections to citations, and especially 
if you would like to add any explanatory text.

thx
edj

Abstract:
The Internet is in the early stages of what may be a protracted
period of coexistence of IPv4 and IPv6.  Network operators are
challenged with the task of activating IPv6 without negative impact
on operating IPv4 networks and their customers.  This draft is an
informational "annotated bibliography" compiled to help in the
analysis and development of basic guidelines and recommendations for
network operators.  The goal of this document is to survey the
current state of RFCs, Internet-Drafts and external reference
materials that define the use cases, problem statements, protocols,
transition mechanisms and coexistence tools that will be of interest
to a network operator planning to turn on IPv6.

---

From: "Yong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 22:03:35 +0800

Good stuffs, Ed.

Just a comment: I think maybe you can also include the work on Softwire 
problem statement (i.e. RFC 4925) and Softwire Mesh, (e.g. RFC 5565 and 
so on).  
Additionally, you may also want to introduce the national-wide test bed, 
CNGI or CNGI-CERNET2.

Yong

======= 2010-11-02 04:31:17 You wrote =======

>_______________________________________________
>Softwires mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

=======================================

Best regards,
21:56:58 2010-11-02
********************************************************
*    Yong Cui                                          *
*    Ph.D, Department of Computer Science & Technology *
*    Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China(100084)   *
*    Tel: (8610)-62603059                              *
*    Email: [email-masked]             *
********************************************************