Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:47:20 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a RADIUS attribute, DS-Lite-Tunnel-Name,
   that carries an FQDN identifying a DS-Lite AFTR.  The
   DS-Lite-Tunnel-Name attribute is to be used between DHCPv6 server
   and AAA server.  The document also describe the use of the
   DS-Lite-Tunnel-Name attribute in combination with DHCPv6 and with
   PPP sessions.

Working Group Summary

   This document was carefully reviewed by the working group and
   discussed in depth. There were some disagreement over small
   details, which were addressed in the most recent revision of the
   document.  Working group consensus is to accept the resolution of
   those details and overall WG consensus is strong in support of
   publication this document. 

Document Quality

   We haven't seen any implementations yet, but there is a vendor
   working on this.

Personnel

   Yong Cui <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd. Ralph
   Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible Area Director.