Subject: [Softwires] REVISED Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-06.txt> (Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 06:43:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-06.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Gateway-Initiated Dual-Stack lite (GI-DS-lite) is a variant of Dual-
   Stack lite (DS-lite) applicable to certain tunnel-based access
   architectures.  GI-DS-lite extends existing access tunnels beyond the
   access gateway to an IPv4-IPv4 NAT using softwires with an embedded
   context identifier that uniquely identifies the end-system the
   tunneled packets belong to.  The access gateway determines which
   portion of the traffic requires NAT using local policies and sends/
   receives this portion to/from this softwire.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1411/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1630/