Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-06.txt

From: Peng Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:42:53 +0800

Hi all,

We have pubished a new version of the lightweight 4over6 draft. The
draft describes a per-subscriber IPv4-over-IPv6 Hub & Spoke mechanism
with port-set provisioning support.

The -06 version merges with draft-penno-softwire-sdnat-02 and makes
the draft compatible with both use cases. Among different provisoning
protocols, the authors choose DHCP as the mandated method, based on
the comments from IETF83 Softwire meeting. In this version, various
issues are settled and the preciseness of the mechanism description is
improved .

The draft is available at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-06
Please feel free to provide your comments:)

Cheers~

---------- Forwarded message ----------

A new version of I-D, draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-06.txt
has been successfully posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite
Revision:        06
Title:           Lightweight 4over6: An Extension to the DS-Lite Architecture
Creation date:   2012-05-19
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 16

Abstract:
  This document specifies an extension to DS-Lite called Lightweight
  4over6.  This mechanism moves the translation function from the
  tunnel concentrator (AFTR) to initiators (B4s), and hence reduces the
  mapping scale on the concentrator to a per-subscriber level.  To
  delegate the NAPT function to the initiators, port-restricted IPv4
  addresses are allocated to the initiators.

The IETF Secretariat