Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'YANG Modules for IPv4-in-IPv6 Address plus Port (A+P) Softwires' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-yang-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 06:21:14 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Modules for IPv4-in-IPv6 Address plus Port (A+P) Softwires'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-yang-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-yang/

Technical Summary

This document defines YANG modules for the configuration and operation of 
   IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire Border Relays and Customer Premises Equipment for the 
   Lightweight 4over6, MAP-E, and MAP-T softwire mechanisms.

Working Group Summary

  This document was called draft-sun-softwire-yang prior to its adoption. 
  There was unanimous support for it in favor of adoption and none against, 
  so this document was adopted in August 2016. There was interest in this 
  work posts since its adoption. There was never any opposition for this work.

  This document went through a relevant long document development
  period (22 months for individual document period, 23 month for WG 
  document period). It has been reviewed well.

Document Quality

   This document went through multiple reviews by multiple participants.
  So far, there is at least two existing implementations. They were
  exposed by the below two emails

   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/softwires/current/msg06924.html

   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/softwires/current/msg06928.html

Personnel

    Sheng Jiang is the document shepherd.
  Terry Manderson is the responsible AD.

IANA Note

   IANA is asked to registers three URIs in the IETF XML registry:
   URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:softwire-ce, 
   URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:softwire-br, 
   URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:softwire-common
  
  IANA is requested to registers three YANG modules in the YANG Module Names
  registry:ietf-softwire-ce, ietf-softwire-br, ietf-softwire-common.

  All the necessary information is in the IANA considerations document. It is
  clear enough that the IANA will be able to implement it.