Subject: [Softwires] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-24: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 00:51:29 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-24: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fine document. I have one small question:

In 3.1:

      The Softwire46-Configuration Attribute MUST only encapsulate one
      or more of the Softwire46 attributes defined in this document.

This reads to me that only attributes defined in this document can be
encapsulated. Does this make this attribute deliberately non extensible? You
have created various IANA registries, which makes me wonder whether this was
intentional.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 11:16:12 +0000

Hi Alexey, 

Thank you for the comment. 

Softwire46-Configuration is designed to cover MAP-E, MAP-T, and lw4o6. So, only the attributes defined in this document are allowed to be included. 

That's said, there are some future extensions that we anticipate such as allowing new codes (e.g., NAT64 radius attribute if defined in future) to be returned in Softwire46-Priority. A registry is created to ease such future extension. 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : mardi 11 juin 2019 09:51
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]; Yong Cui; Ian Farrer;
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Objet : Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-
> 24: (with COMMENT)
>