Subject: [sop] IEEE SOSE 2022: CALL FOR PAPERS

From: SOSE IEEE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 14:01:29 +0100

IEEE SOSE 2022: CALL FOR PAPERS                  [Apologies for
cross-postings]

===============================================================================

16th IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented System Engineering

  date and location:  15-18 August 2022, San Francisco Bay Area

  website:            http://ieeesose.com/

===============================================================================

Important Dates

===============

Full paper submission            May 8, 2022

Paper acceptance notification     June 8, 2022

Author registration                  July 1, 2022

Main conference                             August 15-18, 2022

Objectives

==========

Service-Oriented Computing exploits services as the fundamental elements of
computer-based systems.

It has been applied to various areas and promotes fundamental changes to
the way software systems are being analyzed,

architected, designed, implemented, tested, evaluated, delivered, consumed,
maintained and evolved. Consequently,

a new paradigm of software and system engineering discipline, i.e.,
Service-Oriented Engineering, has emerged and

advanced rapidly in the past decade. Among many remarkable milestones in
the development of this new paradigm are

the wide adoption of the Microservices architectural style supported by
Docker and other container-based virtualization

techniques in the design of cloud native applications in the industry, and
the DevOps movement in the organization of

development processes supported by automated tools for continuous testing,
continuous integration, and continuous delivery.

Recent advances in Service-Oriented Computing (SOC), in particular
Internet-of-Things, Industry 4.0, Edge and Fog computing,

mobile and cloud computing combined with Big Data analytics, robotics,
blockchain and decentralized ledger applications,

and application of artificial intelligence and deep learning techniques,
etc., have provided exciting opportunities to

make significant progress in understanding and solving complex real-world
challenges. Such challenges typically require

a system-level approach that models a complex system at different levels of
abstraction, helps to develop sound architectures

for addressing separate system requirements and concerns, and integrates
diverse sources of knowledge in the system’s

components and their interactions. Therefore, the revolution of the
software and system engineering paradigm brought by

service-orientation is still unfolding, with each new technology
development bringing new challenges and opportunities.

Starting from 2005, SOSE is a pioneering IEEE sponsored international
conference devoted to the research in engineering

service-oriented systems. It covers all aspects of Service-Oriented
Engineering from architectures, techniques, tools

and languages to methodologies. Continuing the tradition of the last
fifteen editions of SOSE Symposia, the 16th SOSE

intends to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange
latest observations, insights, achievements and

visions in Service-Oriented System Engineering. SOSE 2022 invites original
submissions in all the areas of the system

engineering and software engineering methods, techniques, tools,
applications, and experiments for software services.

Topics of interest

Track 1: Advanced Models for Service Engineering

================================================

    Microservices architecture, deployment and management

    Serverless Computing

    DevOps and service engineering

    Model-driven development of service-oriented systems

    End-user development and mashup of software services

    Lifecycle models, reusability, and scalability for services

    Coordination and cooperation of services

    Efficient scheduling of services

    Services infrastructure for big data

    Service ecosystem models and analytics

Track 2: Computing Environments and Virtualization

==================================================

    Container-based virtualization

    Programming models, languages, tools and platforms

    Architecture of Internet-based virtual computing environments

    Large scale computing and analytics

    Architectural and detailed designs of services and code generation of
service software

Track 3: Methods, Languages & Tools for process-based SOC systems

=================================================================

    Transboundary service innovation models

    Business process integration, alignment & management in SOAs

    Methods, languages & tools for building SOC systems

    Metrics and measurement of services, QoS, and QoE

    Runtime verification, validation, and monitoring

    Service Engineering for Systems with AI components

    Dynamic service delivery and evolution

    Service customization and personalization

    Service mobility, scalability, elasticity, and security

    Operation and governance for large-scale service-oriented systems

    Adaptation, control, and optimization of service-oriented systems

    Modernization, migration, and servitization of legacy systems

    Service-oriented system engineering for large-scale analytics

    Service-oriented engineering and clouds

    DevOps environments for service-based systems

    Construction, deployment, operation, and maintenance of
service-oriented systems

Track 4: Service-based Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)

===================================================

    Edge computing and fog computing

    Paradigms, concepts, and services for Osmotic Computing and Liquid
Software

    Software and system engineering for CPS

    REST APIs and services for CPS

    Mobile services for CPS

    System modelling and simulation

    Data management for CPS

    Dependable network and system architectures for CPS

Track 5: Intelligent Services for a Smart World

===============================================

    Smart home, smart office, smart city, smart industry

    Intelligent services architectures and provisioning models

    Smart systems programming models and methodologies

    Swarm intelligence

    Context-aware services

    Nature-inspired intelligent services

    Knowledge representation and reasoning

    Quality of data (QoD)

    Intelligent conversional bots

    Deep learning services

Track 6: Security Engineering for Service Systems

=================================================

    Security, dependability, and reliability

    Trust, reputation, and incentive mechanisms

    Blockchain-enabled mechanisms and infrastructure

    Enterprise business architecture and solution frameworks

    Case studies, experiments, and evaluation of service-oriented system

    Testing, verification, validation and QA in the development of
service-oriented systems

    Measurements and metrics of QoS in SOA-based application systems

    Governance and policies in service-orientedsoftware development

Track 7: Practical Experiences

==============================

    Innovative service applications and experiences

    Service-oriented systems for Industry 4.0

    Methodology and engineering principles of service-oriented systems

    Engineering techniques and tools to support the publishing, discovery
and composition of services

===============

Types of Papers

===============

Regular Research Papers

=======================

Research papers must be written in English and be no more than 10 pages in
length, report on new research

not published elsewhere. The topics of research papers may of any topic or
related theme as listed above.

Work in Progress and Vision papers

==================================

As the field covered by SOSE develops rapidly it is always useful to
provide authors with an opportunity to

present early ideas to the community and obtain feedback and guidance on
direction.

SOSE 2022 also encourages vision papers which discuss future and emerging
issues, including emerging paradigms,

technologies, and applications. To enable this dimension, we are inviting
work in progress paper submissions not

exceeding 5 pages in length and cognate with any of the topics mentioned
above. The title in the submission for

review should be prefaced with “WIP” to aid reviewers.

Industry Practice / Case Study Papers

=====================================

SOSE 2022 encourages papers reporting on industrial practice, case studies,
empirical research and practical

experiences in service engineering. Industry papers and case studies should
be between 6-10 pages in length.

The topics should relate to the set of topics of the research papers in
order to initiate discussions among

practitioners and academics.