Subject: [lamps] RFC 8954 on Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) Nonce Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:47:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8954

        Title:      Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) 
                    Nonce Extension 
        Author:     M. Sahni, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates:    RFC 6960

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8954

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8954

This document specifies the updated format of the Nonce extension in
the Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) request and response
messages. OCSP is used to check the status of a certificate, and the
Nonce extension is used to cryptographically bind an OCSP response
message to a particular OCSP request message. This document updates
RFC 6960.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC