Subject: [lamps] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 04:21:33 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Copyright Notice", paragraph 1, comment:

Shouldn't this document use the pre5378Trust200902 boilerplate, since it quotes
from RFC4211? Or have the authors of RFC4211 given copyright to the Trust?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are very minor change suggestions that you may choose to
incorporate in some way (or ignore), as you see fit. There is no need to let me
know what you did with these suggestions.

Section 1, paragraph 3, nit:
-    *  HMAC-SHA1 [HMAC][SHS] is not boken yet, but there are much
+    *  HMAC-SHA1 [HMAC][SHS] is not broken yet, but there are much
+                                     +

The following URLs in the document failed to return content:
 * http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-02.txt

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:54:26 -0400

I was thinking about the NEW text when I chose the boilerplate, but the author of RFC 4211 is not able to give the needed consent, so it it probably safest to changes the boilerplate.

Yes, Francesca pointed out this typo.  It has been corrected in my edit buffer.

> * http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-02.txt <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-02.txt>

I newer version is available.  See:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg/>

Russ