Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 10:04:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Certificate Management Protocol (CMP) Updates
        Authors         : Hendrik Brockhaus
                          David von Oheimb
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-09.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2021-04-30

Abstract:
   This document contains a set of updates to the syntax and transport
   of Certificate Management Protocol (CMP) version 2.  This document
   updates RFC 4210 and RFC 6712.

   The aspects of CMP updated in this document are using EnvelopedData
   instead of EncryptedValue, clarifying the handling of p10cr messages,
   improving the crypto agility, as well as adding new general message
   types, extended key usages to identify certificates for use with CMP,
   and '.well-known' HTTP path segments.

   To properly differentiate the support of EnvelopedData instead of
   EncryptedValue, the CMP version 3 is introduced in case a transaction
   is supposed to use EnvelopedData.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-09.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Brockhaus, Hendrik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:10:56 +0000

Changes from version 08 -> 09:

   *  Deleted specific definition of CMP CA and CMP RA in Section 2.2
      and only reference RFC 6402 for definition of id-kp-cmcCA and id-
      kp-cmcRA to resolve the ToDo below based on feedback of Tomas
      Gustavesson
   *  Added Section 2.4. and 2.5 to define id-it-rootCaCert and id-it-
      certProfile to be used in Section 2.14 and 2.15
   *  Added reference to CMP Algorithms in Section 2.8
   *  Extended Section 2.14 to explicitly indicate the root CA an update
      is requested for by using id-it-rootCaCert and changing the ASN.1
      syntax to require providing the newWithOld certificate in the
      response message
   *  Extended Section 2.15 to explicitly indicate the certificate
      request template by using id-it-certProfile and on further details
      of the newly introduced controls
   *  Deleted the table on id-kp-cmcCA and id-kp-cmcRA and adding id-it-
      rootCaCert and id-it-certProfile in Section 2.19
   *  Adding the definition of id-it-rootCaCert and id-it-certProfile in
      both ASN.1 modules in Appendix A
   *  Minor editorial changes reflecting the above changes

>From the perspective of the authors, the content of the I-D is complete.
Any feedback of course is more than welcome.

Hendrik

> Von: Spasm <[email-masked]> Im Auftrag von [email-masked]
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatrac
> ker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-ietf-lamps-cmp-
> updates%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cb
> 493aff2bdd947002ad908d90bfa2889%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a
> %7C1%7C0%7C637553991321989188%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoi
> MC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000
> &amp;sdata=rOUznRx2FXcKl%2Fg%2FvxLaT8IHsUZPWpkxlZ59SPB4JAs%3D&amp
> ;reserved=0
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf
> .org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-
> 09.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cb493a
> ff2bdd947002ad908d90bfa2889%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C
> 1%7C0%7C637553991321989188%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4
> wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&am
> p;sdata=nW9O%2FdAY%2BbY0hD9kM0fm%2BCARVdEB3p73F%2FU8Fq1nGQM%
> 3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf
> .org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-ietf-lamps-cmp-updates-
> 09&amp;data=04%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cb493aff2bd
> d947002ad908d90bfa2889%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C1%7C
> 0%7C637553991321989188%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjA
> wMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sda
> ta=JpSbjp6SwlwUnrSaQ5roOaRd32GTM4zU2j4kGTgnmmc%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> 
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.ietf.org
> %2Finternet-
> drafts%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Chendrik.brockhaus%40siemens.com%7Cb49
> 3aff2bdd947002ad908d90bfa2889%7C38ae3bcd95794fd4addab42e1495d55a%
> 7C1%7C0%7C637553991321989188%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiM
> C4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&a
> mp;sdata=zQWezhgoeKXt%2BLd9h1lv7jmv3JsMWTp9fY%2FNG6ZvAp8%3D&am
> p;reserved=0
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf
> .org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fspasm&amp;data=04%7C01%7Chendrik.brockha
> us%40siemens.com%7Cb493aff2bdd947002ad908d90bfa2889%7C38ae3bcd957
> 94fd4addab42e1495d55a%7C1%7C0%7C637553991321989188%7CUnknown%7
> CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJ
> XVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=aLbQtyaBSHrhtQ0uFJrIgg%2Bqk7BKXas9lk
> %2FL%2BRn80KE%3D&amp;reserved=0