Subject: [lamps] Protocol Action: 'Algorithm Requirements Update to the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:42:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Algorithm Requirements Update to the Internet X.509 Public Key
   Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)'
  (draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
and SMIME Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-crmf-update-algs/

Technical Summary

   This document updates the cryptographic algorithm requirements for
   the Password-Based Message Authentication Code in the Internet X.509
   Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF)
   specified in RFC 4211.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus for this document in the LAMPS WG.

GMAC parameters recommendations were jointly discussed with 	
draft-ietf-lamps-cms-aes-gmac-alg-04.

Document Quality

The document is well-written and easy to understand. 

Personnel

Tim Hollebeek is the document shepherd.
Roman Danyliw is the responsible area director