Subject: [lamps] adopting draft-dkg-lamps-samples ?

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 17:28:48 -0400

Hi LAMPS folks--

I know we're working our way through the calls for adoption of the
newly-re-chartered work, but it occurs to me that at least one
already-adopted draft (draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection) makes use of
the LAMPS sample certificates:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dkg-lamps-samples/

They are also referenced in the (as-yet-unfinished) test vector section
of draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance, currently under consideration for
adoption.

I think this draft fits into the charter's item 4: "test vectors and
examples that can be used by implementers and interoperability testing"

I intend to continue work on this draft, including EdDSA and ECDH
certificates (and ECDSA certificates, if anyone speaks up in favor of
their inclusion), but I'd be happy to move to an editorial role, and
move change control to the WG as a whole if folks are interested.

Beyond adding the certs with new cipher suites, i don't think there's
much more work to do on this draft; it also has no serious dependencies
waiting on it, and having a stable reference for these sample
certificates would be concretely useful.  I don't think it's a lot of
work.

I know it's the chairs' job to call for adoption; please consider this a
nudge to the chairs to do so.

If other folks in the WG have any objections to the draft, or
suggestions for improvement, I'd be happy to hear those too.

      --dkg