Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 17:59:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Header Protection for S/MIME
        Authors         : Daniel Kahn Gillmor
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-06.txt
	Pages           : 173
	Date            : 2021-07-26

Abstract:
   S/MIME version 3.1 has introduced a feasible standardized option to
   accomplish Header Protection.  However, few implementations generate
   messages using this structure, and several legacy and non-legacy
   implementations have revealed rendering issues at the receiving side.
   Clearer specifications regarding message processing, particularly
   with respect to header sections, are needed in order to resolve these
   rendering issues.  Some mail user agents are also sending and
   receiving cryptographically-protected message headers using a
   different structure.

   In order to help implementers to correctly compose and render email
   messages with Header Protection, this document updates S/MIME Header
   Protection specifications with additional guidance on MIME format,
   sender and receiver processing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/