Subject: [lamps] Call for adoption for draft-dkg-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:23:52 -0400

With the WG re-charter now complete, we are a bit tardy in asking this question.  We have already discussed this document at IETF 110, and there was no one speaking against adoption at that time.  This call is to confirm that is still the case.
 
Please send your reply about whether you support adopting this document as a WG document.  Please voice your support or raise concerns by 21 July 2021.

For the LAMPS WG Chairs,
Russ

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 21:25:48 +0000

I support adoption.

---

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 13:47:39 +0200 (CEST)

I support adopting this as a WG document.

cheers
  Bernie

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, Russ Housley wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm
>

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 17:12:32 -0400

On Wed 2021-07-07 17:23:52 -0400, Russ Housley wrote:
> With the WG re-charter now complete, we are a bit tardy in asking this
> question.  We have already discussed this document at IETF 110, and
> there was no one speaking against adoption at that time.  This call is
> to confirm that is still the case.

As the current author of the draft, i support adoption by the WG, and I
am happy to hand over change control to WG consensus.

I'm also willing to remain as an editor on the document.  I hope that
other MUA developers will contribute guidance and hard-won insight from
their own experience.

    --dkg

---

From: Jonathan Hammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 09:48:51 -0400

I support adoption of this document.

Best regards,
Jonathan

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 11:54:02 -0400

No one has spoken against adoption.  DKG, please post draft-ietf-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance once the I-D repository is open again.

Russ and Tim

> On Jul 7, 2021, at 5:23 PM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:33:31 -0400

> No one has spoken against adoption.  DKG, please post draft-ietf-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance once the I-D repository is open again.

This has been posted now, i think draft-ietf-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-00
is now waiting on the chairs' approval.  Looking forward to more
discussion and contributions from the WG.

There are many TODO placeholders in this draft, because implementing a
functional, usable MUA with reasonable e2e crypto is not a simple
problem.  If anyone from the WG wants to propose some text to flesh out
one (or more!) of the TODOs, i welcome that kind of contribution!

I also welcome any other edits, suggestions for improvements, critiques,
or novel insight from the experiences of developers of cryptographic
e-mail clients on this mailing list.

Regards,

        --dkg

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 15:02:34 -0400

Yes, I approved the posting, and the I-D is now in the repository.

Russ