Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field inRECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

From: "Jenny Yao \(jyao\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:53:56 -0700

There appears to be no opposition regarding the media-type header field
request that we sent earlier. So, can we request this feature be
included in the next v2 draft? 
 
In addition, VXML 2.1 needs to have the information about "duration" and
"size" of the recorded audio in the field "waveform-uri" in recog-only
header. We would like to propose the following fields be added to the
recog-only header:
 
        waveform-duration - the duration of the audio file in
milliseconds
        waveform-size - the size of the audio file in bytes
 
Thanks.
 
Jenny

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi)
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:27 AM
To: Thomas Gal; Jenny Yao (jyao); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field
inRECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

I don't see why not, considering all this behaviour would apply only if
the "Save-Waveform" header is set to true and failure to caoture or save
the waveform does not necessarily stop the RECOGNIZE operation itself. 
 
Anyone opposed to doing this. 
 
Thanks,
Sarvi

________________________________

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Gal
	Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 9:47 AM
	To: 'Jenny Yao (jyao)'; [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field
in RECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

	Though this information could probably be inferred from the
filename extension, If we are going to follow/emulate the RECORD
methodology than it should also be available as a MIME body to the
RECOGNITION COMPLETE/STOP events as well. Otherwise I agree completely.

	-Tom

________________________________

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jenny Yao (jyao)
	Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 8:58 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in
RECOGNIZE orSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

	VoiceXML 2.1 specifies "recording user utterances while
attempting recognition". This can be done through recog-only-header
"save-waveform" and "waveform-uri" in MRCP V1 and V2. VoiceXML 2.1 also
uses recordutterancetype property to specify the media format of the
result recording. However, there is no way in MRCP to pass the required
media format to the server. We propose using the "Media-Type" header
field, currently defined for the recording resource, in the RECOGNIZE
method or the SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods to specify a media type. The
Save-Waveform carries a URI pointing to the audio captured during
recognition. The captured audio SHOULD be saved with this media-type.

	Thanks.

	Jenny

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:23:08 -0400

On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:53 PM, Jenny Yao ((jyao)) wrote:

> There appears to be no opposition regarding the media-type header  
> field request that we sent earlier. So, can we request this feature  
> be included in the next v2 draft?
>
Sarvi can confirm, but according to our internal author/chair issue  
tracker, this will appear in -07 (due out shortly).

>
> In addition, VXML 2.1 needs to have the information about  
> "duration" and "size" of the recorded audio in the field "waveform- 
> uri" in recog-only header. We would like to propose the following  
> fields be added to the recog-only header:
>
The size is obtainable for content in the body through the content- 
length MIME header. Duration should be easily computable from the  
encoding type (e.g. coder) and the size.

If you mean input policy from the client to say the maximum size and  
duration of the returned data, that's another matter, and probably  
need discussion, since there can be complex interactions with other  
policy variables, like timeouts and success criteria.

Dave.

>
> Thanks.
>
> Jenny
>
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]  
> On Behalf Of Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi)
> I don't see why not, considering all this behaviour would apply  
> only if the "Save-Waveform" header is set to true and failure to  
> caoture or save the waveform does not necessarily stop the  
> RECOGNIZE operation itself.
>
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]  
> On Behalf Of Thomas Gal
> Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in  
> RECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods
>
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]  
> On Behalf Of Jenny Yao (jyao)
> VoiceXML 2.1 specifies "recording user utterances while attempting  
> recognition". This can be done through recog-only-header "save- 
> waveform" and "waveform-uri" in MRCP V1 and V2. VoiceXML 2.1 also  
> uses recordutterancetype property to specify the media format of  
> the result recording. However, there is no way in MRCP to pass the  
> required media format to the server. We propose using the "Media- 
> Type" header field, currently defined for the recording resource,  
> in the RECOGNIZE method or the SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods to  
> specify a media type. The Save-Waveform carries a URI pointing to  
> the audio captured during recognition. The captured audio SHOULD be  
> saved with this media-type.
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Jenny
>