Subject: [Speechsc] Recognition Completion-Cause Codes 003 and 008 revisited

From: Andrew Wahbe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:33:49 -0400

A few weeks ago, there was an extensive discussion about the recognition 
completion-cause codes for cases where recognition-timers fire. There 
seemed to be two codes, 003 and 008, that meant the same thing -- the 
recognition was aborted due to the recognition-timer firing. This case 
maps to the maxspeechtimeout event in VoiceXML.

A lot of hypothesizing was done to try and figure out what the 
difference between the codes was. After some discussion it seems we 
ended up with no codes that map to maxspeechtimeout in VoiceXML (i.e. 
the recognition was aborted because of recognition-timeout and there is 
no match).

I think things would be set right if 003 was changed from:

   | 003    | recognition-timeout   | RECOGNIZE in hotword mode        |
   |        |                       | completed without a match due to |
   |        |                       | a recognition-timeout            |

to:

   | 003    | recognition-timeout   | RECOGNIZE completed without a    |
   |        |                       | match due to a                   |
   |        |                       | recognition-timeout              |

I am not sure why a special code is needed for this timer firing in 
hotword mode. Am I missing something?

Andrew Wahbe
VoiceGenie Technologies
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc