Subject: RE: [Speechsc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-07.txt

From: "Pierre Forgues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:36:04 -0400

When is the MRCP draft document going to be revised with the synthesizer
and recognizer usage tables included?  The following text in draft 07
needs to be replaced with the actual table (same for the recognizer
resource):

   SYNTHESIZER HEADER USAGE TABLE TEMPORARILY REMOVED DUE TO XML2RFC
   LAYOUT PROBLEMS

Thanks,
Pierre

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speechsc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-07.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Speech Services Control Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2
(MRCPv2)
	Author(s)	: D. Burnett, S. Shanmugham
	Filename	: draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-07.txt
	Pages		: 198
	Date		: 2005-8-1
	
The MRCPv2 protocol allows client hosts to control media service
   resources such as speech synthesizers, recognizers, verifiers and
   identifiers residing in servers on the network.  MRCPv2 is not a
   "stand-alone" protocol - it relies on a session management protocol
   such as the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to establish the MRCPv2
   control session between the client and the server, and for rendezvous
   and capability discovery.  It also depends on SIP and SDP to
   establish the media sessions and associated parameters between the
   media source or sink and the media server.  Once this is done, the
   MRCPv2 protocol exchange operates over the control session
   established above, allowing the client to control the media
   processing resources on the speech resource server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:13:10 -0400

>    SYNTHESIZER HEADER USAGE TABLE TEMPORARILY REMOVED DUE TO XML2RFC
Maybe never, if we can't figure out a way to coax XML2RFC into  
meeting the 72-character line limit imposed by the RFC-editor, or  
figure out a way to re-layout the tables in a way that makes them fit.

How'd you like to take a crack at this? I already wasted a number of  
hours.

BTW: In the case of other specs (e.g. SIP) the community has come to  
the tentative conclusion that the tables are a maintenance/ 
consistency nightmare and might be better left out in the first  
place. It's an option we should consider...

Dave.