Subject: [Speechsc] Resource Discovery

From: "Ilya Knyazhansky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:58:41 +0200

Hi All
 
As I understand from reading section 7 of the draft, the capabilities
negotiation can be done using SIP OPTIONS method - but the range of
capabilities that can be negotiated this way is rather limited, how for
example the client can learn what languages are supported by the media
processing resource? Or how can the client discover some performance
related characteristics of the resource (i.e. how much simultaneous
calls can be processed by specific resource).
 
In SIP, mechanisms like the one defined in RFC3840 exist that allow more
flexible capabilities negotiation but they are not mentioned in MRCP
spec.
 
Could you please give more practical, real-life examples on how can one
chose MRCP server based on supported recognition language, number of
supported channels etc
 
Thanks,
Ilya
 
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc