Subject: [Speechsc] Comments on Latest draft of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-16.txt

From: "Arthur Vernon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:08:53 -0400

In the earlier version and in this version I note that there are a
number of header fields that do not declare in which messages they may
appear.
 
The typical statement (e.g. as for Weight) is something like This header
MAY occur in START-PHRASE-ENROLLMENT and MODIFY-PHRASE requests
 
There is no such specification for a number of the speech
service-specific messages including:
	Save-Best-Waverform
	Recognition-Mode
	Personal-Grammar-URI

Also with the Generic Message Header fields there is no similar strategy
employed. With the exception of certain "conditional" headers, like
Active-Request-Id-List for STOP messages, it would appear that most are
optional for all message types, yet this is not stated.

Would there be any benefit in being more explicit about when header
fields should occur or not - maybe in some tabular form? For example, I
have attempted to perform an analysis or the presence of header fields
across some message types... See the attached spreadsheet. You will see
where I am having difficulty in determining whether a header field
should be present or not and when it is what might be the potential
impact.

Kind Regards,
Arthur Vernon
Lead Software Architect
IST Networks
Unit 5B, 1 Station St, Subiaco WA 6008 AUSTRALIA
(m) +61 411 336 176
(w) +61 (8) 6380 2058

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
Supplemental web site:
&lt;http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc&gt;