Subject: [Speermint] I-D Action:draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SPEERMINT Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
	Author(s)       : J. Seedorf, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This memo presents the different security threats related to
SPEERMINT, classifying them into threats to the Lookup Function
(LUF), to the Location Routing Function (LRF), to the Signaling
Function (SF) and to the Media Function (MF).  The different
instances of the threats are briefly introduced inside the
classification.  Finally, the existing security solutions for SIP and
RTP/RTCP are presented to describe the countermeasures currently
available for such threats.  Security requirements for SPEERMINT can
be found in draft-ietf-speermint-requirements.  The objective of this
document is to identify and enumerate SPEERMINT-specific threat
vectors and to give guidance for implementers on selecting
appropriate countermeasures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.