Subject: [Speermint] I-D Action:draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SPEERMINT Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
	Author(s)       : J. Seedorf, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-09-23

Security requirements for SPEERMINT can be found in
draft-ietf-speermint-requirements.  This document presents different
security threats related to SPEERMINT, classifying them into threats
to the Lookup Function (LUF), to the Location Routing Function (LRF),
to the Signaling Function (SF), and to the Media Function (MF).
Various instances of the threats are briefly introduced inside the
classification.  Finally, existing security solutions for SIP and
RTP/RTCP are presented to describe countermeasures currently
available for such threats.  The objective of this document is to
identify and enumerate SPEERMINT-specific threat vectors.  Further,
the document intends to give guidance for implementers on selecting
appropriate countermeasures, and on fulfilling the SPEERMINT security
requirements specified in draft-ietf-speermint-requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.