Subject: [Stackevo] draft-iab-filtering-considerations-09.txt

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 15:25:57 +0900

This draft is on the agenda for tomorrow morning's stackevo meeting.
Draft version 08 and 09 have changes to resolve the remaining tracker 
items from community feedback a long time ago, plus comments from IAB 
members.

    Erik

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-iab-filtering-considerations-09.txt
Date: 	Sun, 01 Nov 2015 21:06:48 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>, Dave Thaler 
<[email-masked]>, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>, Olaf Kolkman 
<[email-masked]>, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-iab-filtering-considerations-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Nordmark and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-iab-filtering-considerations
Revision:	09
Title:		Technical Considerations for Internet Service Blocking and Filtering
Document date:	2015-11-02
Group:		iab
Pages:		33
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-filtering-considerations-09.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-filtering-considerations/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-filtering-considerations-09
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-filtering-considerations-09

Abstract:
    The Internet is structured to be an open communications medium.  This
    openness is one of the key underpinnings of Internet innovation, but
    it can also allow communications that may be viewed as undesirable by
    certain parties.  Thus, as the Internet has grown, so have mechanisms
    to limit the extent and impact of abusive or objectionable
    communications.  Recently, there has been an increasing emphasis on
    "blocking" and "filtering," the active prevention of such
    communications.  This document examines several technical approaches
    to Internet blocking and filtering in terms of their alignment with
    the overall Internet architecture.  When it is possible to do so, the
    approach to blocking and filtering that is most coherent with the
    Internet architecture is to inform endpoints about potentially
    undesirable services, so that the communicants can avoid engaging in
    abusive or objectionable communications.  We observe that certain
    filtering and blocking approaches can cause unintended consequences
    to third parties, and we discuss the limits of efficacy of various
    approaches.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat