Subject: [Stackevo] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hardie-path-signals-00.txt

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:19:39 -0700

Just FYI, this is the drafty version of the slides used in the PLUS bof,
talkign about the implicit signals inferred by network elements.

regards,

Ted

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 4:04 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-hardie-path-signals-00.txt
To: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-hardie-path-signals-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ted Hardie and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-hardie-path-signals
Revision:       00
Title:          Path signals
Document date:  2016-10-28
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-path-
signals-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardie-path-signals/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hardie-path-signals-00

Abstract:
   TCP's state mechanics uses a series of well-known messages that are
   exchanged in the clear.  Because these are visible to network
   elements on the path between the two nodes setting up the transport
   connection, they are often used as signals by those network elements.
   In transports that do not exchange these messages in the clear, on-
   path network elements lack those signals.  This document discusses
   the nature of the signals as they are seen by on-path elements and
   reflects on best practices for transports which encrypt their state
   mechanics.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat